Dr Dabber Aura

@@vapefiend, or anyone who has used a Dr Dabber Aura.

I have a Dabstorm pen and have just seen you're selling the Dr Dabber Aura. I was wondering how the 2 compared. The focus for the Dr Dabber Aura seems to be low temps, so can you still get big clouds of vapour from it?

Nice one @@BigJohnny. :yep: Enjoy your new toy mate! :)

Hopefully I will, been so tempted to give it a blast, it looks so small amd neat, but like I said, I have to be at work in an hour... Finish at 9 though and I've got it fully charged and pre-loaded for the walk home lol

• Like 1

First impressions are good. It's very very stealthy, about the size of a sharpie pen and feels nice and tactile. The way it magnetically clicks together is for some reason so satisfying. I find the atomisers a bit difficult to load, my stuff is quite sticky and they provide you with what they call a loading tool but recommend you don't use it to load lol lol. I've used it on the lowest heat setting and find it a bit scratchy on the throat, but that'll probably go as I get used to it. And I'm used to dabbing through water withthe Evo. It produces tasty clouds of vapour. I had 4 or 5 good draws while walking home and floated through the fromt door.

I'm not sure of the efficiency yet, certainly not as efficient as the Evo, but that's a testament to just how damn efficient the Evo is, nothing beats that imo.

Eta, one little gripe if I'm being picky, overall it feels really good in the hand, but the button is in the shape of the company emblem and sticks out a bit and feels a bit sorta sharp or unfinished. But that's if I was being picky...

So overall very happy with it, it's certainly gonna my new travelling companion.

Edited by BigJohnny
  • Like 1

Nice review @@BigJohnny. :yep:

Glad to hear you're happy with it and that it does the job nicely! :D The magnets sound cool and am intrigued as to how that works. It's good to hear that it produces clouds. Which atty did you use?

You're right, the evo is just the best for dabbing, it's quite literally a beautiful experience! :guitar: The hydratube makes is so smooth. I have a dabstorm pen and that's harsh on my throat (although I'm more used to it now), especially so since I use it with the hotter ceramic rod atty, and use it on the highest setting.

I find loading attys hard too. If you're wax is sticky try putting it in the freezer for a while as that makes it more like shatter and is easier to load.

I'm off to have the first dab of the night.

:haveadab:

I bought one of these earlier on, does anyone know if it will be compatible with the pendant bubbler I had with the Dr Dabber Ghost pen?

:cheers:

No idea mate, sorry. You'd hope so though wouldn't you?

• Like 2

Vapehead, I've tried out the doughnut atty and one of the others, I think it's the quartz one. I can't really notice much didference between the two.

With regards to the effects of the Aura, it's obviously not an intense hit as the Evo, more of a creeper but it seems to level out as an equally high stone. And if anything, the high lasts a bit longer, but that may be down to using a bit more product.

@@vapefiend, any ideas when you'll be stocking spares for the Aura?

• Like 1

@@PureSmkr how are you getting on with yours mate? Ive had a day off work today so have been putting this thing through it's paces all day. It's served me well, I'm pie-eyed lol.

The only thing it's missing is an indicator for when the battery is running low. Although it's still going strong after a night and a full days usage.

@@BigJohnny I haven't got it yet, just ordered it from Vapefiend.

I also use my cloud evo for oils and it takes some beating, I prefer that even to a traditional nail & dome rig. I have an idea what to expect from the Aura as I have the original Dr Dabber Ghost pen but it's been through its paces & served me well but is ready for an upgrade.

Having looked at some pics of the atomisers I don't think they'll work with the Dr Dabber pendant recycler, doesn't matter though as from what I can see the Aura focuses on low temps so probably won't need the recycler to be smooth anyway. :D

I bought one of these earlier on, does anyone know if it will be compatible with the pendant bubbler I had with the Dr Dabber Ghost pen?

:cheers:

It won't I'm afraid, sorry.

It is a great pen- the donut is very similar to the Dabstorm, but the pen is smaller and a bit more premium with a ceramic mouthpiece and the magnetic atomizers. Draw resistance is very low too. Not a huge upgrade from the Dabstorm in my opinion, but definitely an improvement from the Dr Dabber Ghost Pen or Dr Dabber Lite.

• Like 1

It is a great pen- the donut is very similar to the Dabstorm, but the pen is smaller and a bit more premium with a ceramic mouthpiece and the magnetic atomizers. Draw resistance is very low too. Not a huge upgrade from the Dabstorm in my opinion, but definitely an improvement from the Dr Dabber Ghost Pen or Dr Dabber Lite.

@@vapefiend - I spoke to you about 30 mins ago about a dr dabber aura. As always, thanks so much for all your help and advice. :yep: I decided not to buy one in the end because, as Vapefiend said on the phone, it's not a huge upgrade on the dabstorm in terms of effect.

I did finally decide to get a dabbie though and am very excited about that! :yahoo: I have a dabstorm big boy battery and use it with the little dabstorm bubbler, it does a good job but it's no cloud evo that's for sure! lol Vapefiend said the dabbie is a much more intense experience than the bbb as it's much more of a one-hitter. That sold it to me! lol I'll have to hit it at the lower temps as I don't smoke because I have asthma but it should still be good. I can't wait to try it, I hope it comes tomorrow.

Edited by Vapehead