The moaning of the gaming industry

brendog

Stalker was brilliant it was buggy flawed rushed and unfinished but it was different from all the other generic shooters out there.

There is a game coming out that is similar I think but unfortunately it has the same disease as a lot of others these days and it will be an MMO :wallbash:

Edited by hazy harry
  • Like 1

At least in Watchdogs case it was hardware limitations of the new consoles as to why they toned the graphics down, then they also released it with poorer graphics on the PC because they didnt want people with 2-3 year old PC's showing off how much better it looked compared to the "new" consoles.

You can actually turn all the nice shadow and rain features back on, on the PC version, using some config edits.

• Like 1

You can actually turn all the nice shadow and rain features back on, on the PC version, using some config edits.

Shouldn't have to tho is kinda the point I mean you don't buy a car that does 180mph if yer just gonna piss around town at 30mph do ye lol

Edit to rephrase be more like gettin that 180 mph car to find that it has been limited to 30 mph be a better way o puttin it I dunno am baked atm lol

Edited by hazy harry
  • Like 2

At least in Watchdogs case it was hardware limitations of the new consoles as to why they toned the graphics down, then they also released it with poorer graphics on the PC because they didnt want people with 2-3 year old PC's showing off how much better it looked compared to the "new" consoles.

yep them dumbing down the potential of game so console are still competitive is shitty.. i got given a hard time for mentioning this here in the past... lol

@@Hir also i agree with the fact that the most innovative stuff is coming from eastern Europe.. away from the big studios and publisher some good stuff has been happening.. arma came from the Czech republic..

• Like 1

Some of the Eastern European games have been the most innovative in the last 5? years or so. Witcher, Metro 2035, Stalker.

Stalker, what a game! Migh thave to fire that up at some point in the near future! Thanks for the trip down memory lane :)

I've expressed my views on the gaming industry in other threads and I'd only be echoing others in here. Console gaming on the whole has gone to shit, there are a lot of great PC titles and indie games though that go under the radar because they don't have the great big budgets that the console gaming industry has so I urge any of you who are feeling disillusioned with console gamings to get your hands on a machine that will play some games and download steam or head over to humble indie bundle.

• Like 3

Aye I left my console days behind a loooong time ago the only reason I had a 360 was for the occasional game that just didn't come out on the pc like red dead redemption or fight night.

And as for the newest generation of consoles they can stick them clean up their collective sony/microsoft arses :yep:

Shouldn't have to tho is kinda the point I mean you don't buy a car that does 180mph if yer just gonna piss around town at 30mph do ye lol

Edit to rephrase be more like gettin that 180 mph car to find that it has been limited to 30 mph be a better way o puttin it I dunno am baked atm lol

Yes agree you shouldnt have to, but the fact you can demonstrates that they purposely disabled those features in the first place.

:smokin:

eta: agree Stalker is a fucking amazing game, there are some community made patches out for it that fix a lot of the bugs.

Edited by iBMe
  • Like 1

@@Guerrillero Buy a game, they get money from that sale, Download a "free" App to go with it, they might be able make money from adverts/ sell some details or just keep your phone details. I never bothered DLing the app for GTA but it was annoying I couldn't train the dog because they only made it available that way even, if it was "free".

• Like 1

Any tips for a good ,fairly priced steam thingy that does 4k..ive had enough of P2P its fucking crap for MP.

I don't mind paying for something decent.Ive 3 hobbies and i don't skimp on any of them.Fishing ,fish keeping and gaming.

With regards to DLC i got bo3 and dlc for 70 bar compared to 40 bar back in the day for MW with no dlc, i don't feel that hard done by...but i play the fuck out of it online so i

get every pennies worth.

Stalker, what a game! Migh thave to fire that up at some point in the near future! Thanks for the trip down memory lane :)

I've expressed my views on the gaming industry in other threads and I'd only be echoing others in here. Console gaming on the whole has gone to shit, there are a lot of great PC titles and indie games though that go under the radar because they don't have the great big budgets that the console gaming industry has so I urge any of you who are feeling disillusioned with console gamings to get your hands on a machine that will play some games and download steam or head over to humble indie bundle.

@@Golden Syrup

e2a: Re: Stalker

There's a good patch out there, not perfect but much more stable. Don't forget to do it right from start as saves in an unpatched game will not run in patched version. Enjoy!

Edited by Hir
  • Like 1