free photoshop download legal

mrchang

I self taught myself photoshop when I was a young lad, and then went on to do digital media at college and interactive media and advertising at University (waste of time). Best thing to do is just follow online tutorials for stupid stuff to text, like it being on fire/with an image inside it you'll be away in no time, they're written to get you used to using all of the features. I think it's important you remember the keyboard short cuts for stuff too - practice cutting things out using the polygon lasso tool It'll teach you zen like patience.

I don't have it installed on any computer in the house and I bet I haven't had to use it for work in about a year and a half - Photoshop as a vocation killed it completely for me, and Flash I used to be a dab hand at that/actionscript.

Edited by Golden Syrup
  • Like 1

I put it on the windows 10 laptop in the end. Seems to run fine apart from updating. My printer is too "sick" to test.

Thought about the 30 day trial of CS6 on the mac but I think backing it it up first would be an idea lol .

I put it on the windows 10 laptop in the end. Seems to run fine apart from updating. My printer is too "sick" to test.

Thought about the 30 day trial of CS6 on the mac but I think backing it it up first would be an idea lol .

if it is anything like it used to be then their 30 day trials are easy to work around... it is almost as if they want kids with no money to hammer their software at home and learn the Abobe way, before stepping into the commercial world with paid licenses and skilled new users :wassnnme:

• Like 2

what things madgiz?

I don't have much real experience with Lightroom, but have played around with it a few times. It is aimed specifically at photography post processing. It has a much simpler (but still pretty complex) set of tools, but does anything a photographer would need to "improve" photographs.

Lightroom has better workflow for importing, managing, editing and sharing photographs. Photoshop is a lot more clunky (particularly for RAW photographs - you need to open a separate program in Photoshop for these file types).

You can import photos directly into Lightroom, and browse and sort them easily. In Photoshop, you have to use the Bridge application, which, for images at least is clunkier than Lightroom.

Photoshop, on the other hand, is really for graphic designers. It does pretty much everything Lightroom can do. As Madgiz said, Lightroom doesn't really do layers. It also doesn't do masks. Finally, it doesn't do Adjustment layers. (These can be used to, say, lighten an image using a layer. When combined with Masks, you can mask out most of an image, leaving an area, say, of shadow. Add an adjustment layer that changes the exposure of the masked image, and the only bit that gets lightened in the image is the shadow, which will now show previously hidden detail)

So, in summary, if you are a photographer, choose Lightroom. If you want to use layers/masks to combine several images together and add vector based graphics, go with Photoshop

if it is anything like it used to be then their 30 day trials are easy to work around... it is almost as if they want kids with no money to hammer their software at home and learn the Abobe way, before stepping into the commercial world with paid licenses and skilled new users :wassnnme:

Pretty much spot on there @@distracted.

Not sure if they still do this, but I paid £10 for a demo copy of CS3 on disks from Adobe, and it is a piece of piss to keep using it after the 30 day trial. I'm not going to say how, but there is a huge clue in the video @@mrchang posted. Google/Youtube is your friend :sly:

• Like 2

Yeah, something about the 30 day trial says poison apple to me lol . Their software is undeniably powerful, but their ethos is a bit "creepy" almost.

Edited by Bird

@@Bird it is clever I think and in some ways inclusive to "allow" people who can't afford their software to easily access it even if it is a bit naughty that they do so, they could exclude it with ease I am sure but that wouldn't play into building the user base

• Like 2

Yes, I didn't word that very well. The fact that adobe are willing to let go a bit and allow this is quite modern and progressive.. I was talking of the past really.

Their software still has a fair bit of the old feel about it though.

Are you talking about the "free" decade old download?

No, really I was making a comment about their installers and the way they do things. Like with flash and acrobat too.

I'm tired and should stop typing really lol .

Photoshop as a vocation killed it completely for me, and Flash

i know what you mean, fun for a bit but starts to send you slightly mad after a while :upside:

you mean there IS an outside..?

Edited by twigs