phones!

*DJ*

so its clear, I don't like mobile phones, I have to have one, but, paying extortionate amounts for something I wont/cant use, and/or get confused with, is out of the question (its not hard to confuse me) my mate has just asked if I want a old I phone that hes had in the box unused since he got it a few years back, its on EE, but hes getting it unlocked for me so it works on the network I use, I was wondering if its a fair deal, its a as new, 4s in its original box/wrapping/charger/instructions, hes not even took the protective plastic off the glass, £50?

just wondered like?

dj...

They're not the best phones and the batteries are fucking crap on them I personally would never have another iphone, however £50 for an iphone 4s boxed etc and you haven't got a phone, it's a pretty good deal.

• Like 3

Iv got a even older galaxy ace, tbh, its got a mind of its own, its no good to man or beast, this came along, thought id have a ask see whats what like, its only for work, so im no bothered about the all singing and dancing stuff, I just need the phone and text stuff!

dj...

• Like 1

Yeah its a good price but because of the old hardware it can be a bit slow at times, iphones are fairly easy to use.

Doubt you will get anything much more powerful for £50 quid though like, perhaps a Chinese android phone, or maybe the Microsoft 435 for Windows OS (probably the easiest to use).

eta: dont forget if you get an iPhone you have to start wearing skinny jeans and pulling funny faces while you smoke your e-cig ;)lol

Edited by iBMe
  • Like 1

seems a good deal. I'm not into phones and got given a 4s. It's a phone with an ipod for me, that's pretty much all I use it for. It's got shit tonnes of music an audio books on it that I can listen to in the van or when walking. Texts, calls and music. £50's a bargain.

• Like 2

It was only just over 4 years ago that people were standing all night outside apple stores so they could have one. Now many of those same people have no interest in them at all.

I can still remember the endless banter about whether people had the 4 or the 4S :fart:

Edited by Bird
  • Like 2

cheers, nice one, @peoples I think if id had to cough for the unlocking to, id have swerved it, but seeing as that's getting done, im going to have a go, with it, ya never know give it 3/4 yrs I might go right off my trolley and get a 5! lol

dj..

• Like 1

:offtopic: (I was going to start a thread to say this but thought that was overkill, here's what I wanted to say (sorry, I've got to get it out of my system now; I can't bring myself to withnail))

@DJ and his exclamation marks!

I love how his post titles often end with an exclamation mark! They promise so much and convey a tone of excitement\anticipation (I won't say whether or not they live up to the promise or not though lol).

It's a funny old punctuation mark. I recall after my mum's untimely death receiving a card from a mate saying "Sorry for your loss!". I know 100% he meant well but I couldn't help but find it inappropriate lol

I hope you got your answer dj :cheers:

Edited by mrrichiet

if hes a mate and its old gen why not free ? possibly an upgrade phone never used ? if he were hard up hed have flogged it when it was worth something no ?

just saying like if hes a mate.

Ahhh @@*DJ* this is brilliant news ..we can spend hours sending each other little yolks like 🌱And🍁...and even 🍄... :D I knew you'd get there in the end fella .

Edited by 2bad.
  • Like 1

Ahhh @@*DJ* this is brilliant news ..we can spend hours sending each other little yolks like And...and even ... :D I knew you'd get there in the end fella .

Don't forget snapchat selfies :thumsup:

• Like 1