The physical effects of positive thinking

WeedIsFree

Yo

I saw this test some years ago now and completely forgot until recently.

Ive done this on about 7 people now and every person pretty much freaked out when they first did it.

It takes 2 people and 5 minutes

Steps as follows

1) Spend one minute thinking positive thoughts about yourself, life in general, anything you like or love etc

2) At the end of minute hold your arm out and get someone to push down and see if they can lower your arm and by how much

3) Now spend one minute thinking negative thoughts, anything that annoys you, bad things youve done etc

4) Repeat the holding your arm or use the other arm and see if you can exert the same amount of strength

So far it has worked on every person I've done it with

Its only a small test but what really got me was the fact I was trying to think negative for this test, in the past due to stress and my attitude to life I would have been in a negative state on a regular basis and it really did make me think how much have I held myself back because of it.

Of course this could be a clever palour trick, I dont know, but I'd be interseted to hear of anyone elses experience or if anyone can explain whats happening. It got me thinking could this be measured in any way, what is it causing the difference in strength?

The only vid I could find similar to what I originally saw is this but its a little different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF-l5fDIiNo

• Like 1

I think it might be an example of post hypnotic suggestion,especially if its used in a firewalk inductions.

If memory serves the fire walking craze was fuelled by sales seminars conducted by folks like Tony Robbins using Bandler and Grinders work on NLP( Neuro Linguistic Programming) which contains a good deal of hypnosis too.

Not 100% sure of this though.

:eek:

Gumbo.

• Like 1

@@WeedIsFree

Zen masters have some great knowledge about all of this, well lots of Chinese/Eastern philosophy relate to the thought processes really and the relation Qi (chi) flow within ourselves and all things universal. A chi master will 'channel' it where he desires and is a life of learning such as all really.

• Like 2

Guest bazzad9

basicly its applied kenesiology being used again

its a neat trick ,one im pretty good at as it goes ,i can tell you anything contains magic ,my usual is to say i have an app on my phone and when you hold it it transfers energy to make you stronger

essentially what you do is change very slightly the direction of force you either push or pull them with ,its very subtle ,so subtle they wont notice the difference but enough to make a physical difference

i did it to a bloke using it to sell fake energy bands once in front of a lot of potential customers ,he was confident ,as was i

he lost some sales

its simple a trick ,a very good one but a trick none the less ,ill find a video of how its done as it is a good trick anyone can learn

Joe Dispenza writes some very interesting things on how thoughts are turned in to various chemical processes in our bodies, his stuff is well worth a look.

• Like 1

basicly its applied kenesiology being used again

its a neat trick ,one im pretty good at as it goes ,i can tell you anything contains magic ,my usual is to say i have an app on my phone and when you hold it it transfers energy to make you stronger

essentially what you do is change very slightly the direction of force you either push or pull them with ,its very subtle ,so subtle they wont notice the difference but enough to make a physical difference

i did it to a bloke using it to sell fake energy bands once in front of a lot of potential customers ,he was confident ,as was i

he lost some sales

its simple a trick ,a very good one but a trick none the less ,ill find a video of how its done as it is a good trick anyone can learn

the only thing I don't get with this bazzad is ive done it to people and I'm not trying to trick them or convince them it will work. I guessed that just telling someone what would happen could cause suggestability so I made a point of not telling people what the aim was and just seeing how it pans out and its been the same every time. Then we got someone new to come in the room and do the test to another new person who had not seen it done or knew what we were going to ask and result was the same.

I'm just puzzled lol

fuck knows....but it sounds tiring to say the least,i find that being optimistic is ok though can give you IBS if you let it play on you. :)

• Like 1