Pasting

Guest Theokoles

Guest Theokoles

Hello, for some unknown reason, i cant use any of the paste options ie paste, paste as plain text or paste from word. All these options are no longer lit up as it were? Not sure why as i haven't changed any settings on my laptop that im aware of anyway.

Have you tried the usual stuff Theo, reboot browser, clear cache, that sort of thing?

It must be specific to your PC as you're the only one (so far) to have the problem.

Can you use Ctrl + V to paste still? If its not showing up wen you right click, but can still Ctrl + V to paste, you may have just removed the context menu.

• Like 1

sounds like nothing on your clipboard (where copied stuff is 'stored' for want of a better explanation). either that or what you are pasting has something in it that your software doesnt like.

Yeah same here the buttons are dulled out, noticed a few days ago.

Ctrl+V Works fine.

Ccleaner didnt fix it, maybe its a Firefox problem.

Edited by iBMe

Guest Theokoles

Ok guys thanks ive never tried using Ctrl+v, so at least that's an option. iBMe, same here the paste options are dulled out..

@@Kaned, ive tried pasting loads of different things so it cant be related to the articles or vids etc.

Guest Theokoles

Can you use Ctrl + V to paste still? If its not showing up wen you right click, but can still Ctrl + V to paste, you may have just removed the context menu.

Thats sounds like it could be the problem, any idea how to get the context menu back or how i may have removed it mate?

@Theokoles - Its gonna need adjusting in the registry, but that's probably not a good idea to play about in if you're unsure of what it is. Look at getting a Context Menu Editor, which should be easier to use. Find one from Google.

If you're still stuck I will look into it more for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Theokoles

Ok so i downloaded a context menu editor, but even though i unticked some of the boxes ie especially the one that asked if i wanted bing as my browser..anyway i still didn't work so i uninstalled it all and did a system restore. However its left me with bing ffs and i don't know how to get rid of that and get back my usual AVG in mozilla as my search function? Still got the blanked out paste options.

@@iBMe did you fix it mate?