World of Tanks

Boojum

Heads up for any WoT fans who have an Xbox One. The open beta is now available for download, and there's a 2 hour cross-platform (Xbox 360 & Xbox One) session tomorrow 12:00pm Pacific Time, which by my reckoning is 7pm British time. If you download it and log in for the session you get 2 free tanks, a T1E6-X1 with camouflage for downloading the beta and an M22 Locust for logging in :)

• Like 5

I love WOT thanks for the heads up Boojum!

The locust is good but now there's that small French tank which is extremely fast (by tank standards).

Any way this should be good.

aaarrrggghhh to many games to play... ive been playing Elite Dangerous on Xbox one and also gone back to KOTOR 2. so little time. I will defo download WoT though :yahoo:

Play this on my PC as I smoke every night lol Getting really good in my Stug and Hellcat. My missus is bang into as well but just as a spectator. Great game and it's free :)

Micro$oft finally seem to have got aboard the whole free to play/pay for stuff within game bandwagon, what with Neverwinter and now World of Tanks on the Xbox One, so hopefully there will be more to come (Fable Legends will be free to play when it's finally released, but that won't be for a while yet cos it's still early in closed Beta). There's also an open beta available for a MOBA called Smite, for anyone into MOBA games, I've not played it cos that's not really my thing. And you can download Killer Instinct and play as one character for free, the free character changes every so often, and Pinball FX 2 comes with 1 free table (it's a pretty good table too :) ). Oh, and Project Spark (a sort of create your own game kind of thingy) is free (with optional stuff to buy in-game) if that's your kind of thing.

As an addition, although I really slagged it off when I first played it, I've actually really got into Neverwinter now, and it's got one of the best free play systems I've seen, because nothing requires you to spend money. A lot of freemium games have stuff to buy that you can only get if you spend real money, which often gives folks who pay an advantage, but in Neverwinter there are different currencies, one of which (admittedly the most difficult one to earn) you can actually trade for the currency used in the pay store. I've been playing for a couple of months maybe, and have earned enough to buy stuff (like extra character slots) that would have cost me well over £30 :)

E2A In fact I bought Elder Scrolls Online but for the past couple of days I've gone back to playing Neverwinter. Sure, ESO is a lot more polished, looks a lot nicer etc, but I think Neverwinter is just more fun. And the whole only having voice chat to communicate with in ESO is a major design flaw, I hate voice chat in games, nothing ruins an RPG more than wandering through town hearing folks having a domestic (usually about how much time he spends playing silly games lol ), or some annoying little brat trolling everyone :doh:

Edited by Boojum

• 3 weeks later...

World of Tanks is now out of beta and live on Xbox One (apparently, not that I know cos like most other people I can't actually get on Xbox Live at the moment). They picked a fucking awful time to go live, given all the problems there have been with the Xbox servers over the past few days :doh:

Edited by Boojum

• 2 months later...

Does anyone else play World of Tanks on Xbox One ?

If you don't and have Xbox Live Gold you really should check it out. Free download. And IMHO one of the best multiplayer online games going :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I play world of tanks on Xbox one. I love it. I really struggle with the British line of Tanks though I've got as far as the tier IX centurion 7/1 & Conqueror but never had a good game in them, usually lose coins when I take them out. On the other hand my American T30 tier IX is a bit of a favourite.

I appreciate this thread is a bit old but hey ho, I love my tanks. It's the only game I play.

I stopped playing cos I got a PS4 and didn't want to pay for both Xbox Live gold and Playstation Plus. I'll play it again on PS4, but I'm gonna have to start from scratch on the tier 1 tanks :frown:

Stopped playing Neverwinter when I switched consoles too, and I doubt I'll be playing that on PS4 cos it's too much of a grind, especially to get to the level and gear that I was at on the Xbox, but I got ESO for the PS4 last week and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did the first time I played it.

• Like 1

@@Boojum

Gutted for you having to start again, I've been at it nearly two years, I'd be heartbroken to lose all those gaming hours.

The new maps and new lines of tanks that gave been added since I've been playing are pretty good though, and I've managed to earn a few gold tanks by completing the ops so my garage is rather full (43 vehicles - I'm playing now - can you tell?) but I do like the gold tanks for money making.

The games really expanded in the last year or so and in my opinion it's got better and better.

I rarely find a game I like, so when I do I play it to death.

The game I was previously addicted to was some years back on the ps2 - command & conquer. Smashed all of those.

I like war type games it seems but I've tried cod, and recently bought battlefield 1 for the kids but I don't like any of them. I hear there's a world of war planes and war ships for the PC but I'm happy sticking with my tanks for now.