Hansard recording of the recent House of Lords questions

Hashmaker6

17 Jun 2015 : Column 1160

different types of medical research and science, some bits of which are contradictory. For example, the Institute of Psychiatry and Cancer Research have taken a different view on this. That is why we need to have a process which clearly and openly evaluates the introduction of these drugs, primarily to ensure that people are kept safe.

fuck you than CR

Just read it and what a load of narrow minded idiots they indeed are ;)

I've a suggestion for those motherfuckers and that being, those who are not voted for by the people can in no way have a legitimate say on any issue that affects those people :nono:

And another suggestion, I decide what's safe for me to do, use or otherwise and as long as I harm no other in doing so it isn't the business of government to interfere with that, the business of government is to do the things that the real people don't have time for, because they are out there earning REAL money which goes into the REAL economy, get on with government :furious:

All it shows us is that cannabis prohibition is not about evidenced based policy making. Professor Nutt tried the evidence based approach and got sacked.

It doesn't matter what the evidence is. British governments are paralysed by fear of the Daily Mail headlines about drugged out zombies raping old women whilst high on killer skunk. This is why I can't see ANYTHING changing. I think it's only going to change if more and more users come out of the grow tent openly stating that they use cannabis responsibly are not harming anyone or injecting kids with crack etc. I've personally started doing this and so far no one has run or the hills, phoned the police or social services and I've been taken aback by some of them saying hey would love to try it but won't as long as it's illegal. These are often highly paid professional people in senior positions...!!!!

Will there ever be common sense applied ? I fear not, especially with this lot in charge. Still, the square mile is fuelled by Charlie but a blind eye is turned to that since in that environment sniffing powder is the norm most nights and as they are all rich government ignores those

@@Hashmaker6 You are currently thinking about growing. When you do, if you do, eventually start, the three rule mantra needs to be followed.

No smell, covered by filtration, no sell, for obvious reasons and no tell. The third rule is in place to stop people telling others who tell others and the circle expands. Everyone you tell, will tell others and each of them will too.

The current state of criminality is not on the plant but on your use of it. Cannabis IS legal. The freedom to enjoy nature is removed, not nature itself :yep:

Cheers :smokin:

@@Hashmaker6 You are currently thinking about growing. When you do, if you do, eventually start, the three rule mantra needs to be followed.

No smell, covered by filtration, no sell, for obvious reasons and no tell. The third rule is in place to stop people telling others who tell others and the circle expands. Everyone you tell, will tell others and each of them will too.

The current state of criminality is not on the plant but on your use of it. Cannabis IS legal. The freedom to enjoy nature is removed, not nature itself :yep:

Cheers :smokin:

Don't worry, loose lips I know all about will be outside/greenhouse (well ventilated) so no smell and there Deffo won't be any sell!

Cheers!

from cancer research uk

Despite what the supporters of these sources may claim, videos and stories are not scientific evidence for the effectiveness of any cancer treatment. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence – YouTube videos are emphatically not scientific evidence, and we are not convinced by them.

As we said above, there is no good evidence that natural cannabinoids, at the doses present in simple cannabis preparations, can treat cancer in patients. It’s also completely unknown whether there may be any other chemicals in ‘street’ cannabis extracts that could be harmful to patients or even encourage tumour growth.

the full blog

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2012/07/25/cannabis-cannabinoids-and-cancer-the-evidence-so-far/#conspiracy

Edited by joba

It would not be beyond the wit of man for an organisation with the resources of CRUK to contact the publishers of those videos and gather them together to at least establish whether their cases justify research to establish how valid they are.

Even if there is no evidence how can you criminalise something that a cancer suffer gets obvious benefits from??? Just inhumane if nothing else

Cancer Research UK has funded research into cannabinoids, notably the work of Professor Chris Paraskeva in Bristol investigating the properties of cannabinoids as part of his research into the prevention and treatment of bowel cancer. He has published a number of papers detailing lab experiments looking at endocannabinoids as well as THC, and written an interesting review looking at the potential of cannabinoids for treating bowel cancer.

Our funding committees have previously received other applications from researchers who want to investigate cannabinoids that have failed to reach our high standards for funding. If we receive future proposals that do meet these stringent requirements, then there is no reason why they would not be funded – assuming we have the money available to do so.

funding

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2009/10/27/the-multi-million-pound-question/

Edited by joba

Cancer Research UK has funded research into cannabinoids, notably the work of Professor Chris Paraskeva in Bristol investigating the properties of cannabinoids as part of his research into the prevention and treatment of bowel cancer. He has published a number of papers detailing lab experiments looking at endocannabinoids as well as THC, and written an interesting review looking at the potential of cannabinoids for treating bowel cancer.

Our funding committees have previously received other applications from researchers who want to investigate cannabinoids that have failed to reach our high standards for funding. If we receive future proposals that do meet these stringent requirements, then there is no reason why they would not be funded – assuming we have the money available to do so.

funding

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2009/10/27/the-multi-million-pound-question/

Well if that's the position, lobby the government for a schedule change for starters I would say, then decide on which research to spend money on :russian:

The government do not listen to reason sadly. Hopefully the U.S. will have significant recreational legalisation before too long. Once business interests are there the. Government policy will be influenced.

This months national geographic has got a great write up on the new science of marijuana