Windows 10 free upgrade!?

Evelyn Pickaxe

, I'm sure that I've done nothing to agree to it.

Also out of order, you had to registerfor it when they first launched it, i suppose now that he freebie year is running out they have realised less people than expected have got it so they areramming it down people's throats.

• 3 weeks later...

It won't be long before the time limit for the free upgrade expires, so they will probably stop sending it then. Once it's pay only then plugging it will be advertising and they will probably apply normal advert policies to it, in other words they won't be shoving it at you.

• Like 1

how do you get rid of it? it's bugging me non stop. clearly wants me to download it so i can get spy on even more shit.

ps: has anyone got a ton of ads now on chrome after the recent update? even ad blocker doesn't work anymore?

ps: has anyone got a ton of ads now on chrome after the recent update? even ad blocker doesn't work anymore?

No mate ive got nothing on chrome

I used to love chrome but it went tits up a few months back with addons and extentions messing with my browsing. On Firefox now

• 2 weeks later...

kept denying the little pop up , no dont want it , no don't want it , yesterday open laptop to find "windows 10 downloading 2%" wouldn't turn off after fucking ages it restarted , great thanks a fucking lot micro soft you bunch of fucking twats , now I have a laptop full of shit I don't want that freezes every 5 secs , even got a msg from Norton which has never let me down to say windows had turned it off and would I like to agree to stopping them , well no fucking shit I do , ffs can't even add more than 1 devil face :dev:

• Like 1

Guest jacks lad

my win7 came from kickass torrents, i get all the updates and i still get the pop up for win10, i wondered if i could download it with a blag win7, the answer is no i cannot get win10 upgrade

• 2 months later...

So what the fuckity fuck just happened to my 10 install overnight? Booted up 10 minutes ago to find half my programs gone, or " unavailable", basics like the printer driver gone, desktop background changed, Firefox bookmarks gone (hadn't backed up recently either) folder options changed back, and that's only what I've found so far.

Update history shows a cumulative update among others yesterday,even though they force these updates on you they don't have the decency to tell you what they are for.. there's even something telling me if I creat any files this session they will be deleted when i log out.

Anyone else got this?

It's even got to my iPlayer regional preferences FFS!

7 gets issues with SSDs apparently, otherwise I would be reverting to it right now.

I stuck with win 7 as it does everything I want , I am not a fan of that 'metro' type thing ... tbh I just cant be arsed upgrading for no real reason ....I still have XP on my laptop , love it .. beware of anything 'for free' is what I think

• Like 2

Just booted up again and everything's back to normal . If Microsoft can fuck with your system like that couldn't they also have put up an advisory on the desktop explaining what was happening and why?

I have had to an "in place install" twice so far since the upgrade. Not good.

Still it works far better than MS predicted on my system. lol

Edited by Bird