Closest Town/City with Coffee shop to the Belgium border

cocojoe

Hello, good people, i've been invited to go Fishing in France with some good friends, it's for 4 days, now, i ain't a great lover of Angling, i can have it for a day or two, but 4 days will do my nut in, so i been thinking i could slip off to the Lowlands for some goodies, anybody got any ideas?

I will be Fishing in a place near to Paris and would most likely enter Holland via Brussels & Antwerp.

Are there any restrictions on buying weed in the border Towns & Cities?

Any info is most welcome.

Thanks, cocojoe

Breda is probably your best bet dude, it's close to the border apparently and big enough for the shops to sell to tourists. A lot of th smaller places in Holland don't sell unless you're a local. Shadow

• Like 2

I think you will be lucky to get served in Breda, not saying you wont but i wouldn't bank on it. If it was me and i wanted to be certain i would go for Rotterdam or the Hague. You can get a fast (inter-city) train to either from Antwerp or Brussels and you will have a wide choice of shops within easy reach of the central stations.

• Like 2

i think you have to be a dutch citizen in maastrict before you can buy.

if that's still the case head to Roermond

• Like 1

Take your own and enjoy the fishing

That's the plan, but like i said, i can only hack 2 days fishing, so fancied a little excursion whilst i was across the channel.

it's a 3 hour drive to maastrict , so i may just go there and see what the score is, if they don't serve me, i will just have to bribe someone.

They won't serve you in Maastricht - but you will be able to get a parking space ;)

E2A - you won't have any problems in Nijmegen or Eindhoven.

Edited by johnnyneuro
  • Like 2

I think you'll struggle with most bordering towns and cities, Tilburg you definitely can't, so I doubt you'll be able to buy it in Breda, Eindhoven & Nijmegen, Maastrict you'll also struggle, one coffeeshop did start to sell to tourist after the weed pass came in, but the mayor closed it down, only temporarily I think(?), so really your best bet is Rotterdam or Amsterdam.

There used to be a tolerance map showing where tourist were OK, but it looks like its moved and not updated, but try googling 'dutch coffee shop tourist tolerance map' and you might find it.

Edited by Serpent
  • Like 1

I would go for Den Haag over Rotterdam personally, but find a few addresses first. It can be hard to find a coffeshop there just driving around ime.

• Like 1

Well they're miles more over the border. That's the randstad district. Roermond is way closer and you'll definitely get served there,and the next town up,can't remember where now. I was in the same predicament only 9 months ago!

• Like 2