The Story That The Jews Where Enslaved By The Egyptians Is A Myth

The Story That The Jews Where Enslaved By The Egyptians Is A Myth

I got to this tangentially. I was wondering when, before the Jesus part of the Biblical story, the Jews were released from slavery, how they were captured and how they returned to Israel. For a particular reason I have forgotten now in the light of what I found. Even certain conservative Jewish scholars except that the entire story is a fabrication. The Jews were never slaves in Israel. There is no archaeological evidence found what so ever for the story.

Part of the story is about geological evidence found and if this interests @@distracted maybe he can help untangle some of the very technical evidence.

. *********************************************************************

The Jews Were Never Slaves in Egypt

Christians still cling to the opinion that their Bible is infallible. They delight in telling us that the Bible is the inspired word of God, even though it’s well documented that the Bible contains more than 400 contradictions, not to mention that it reflects the Bronze-age morality of the time.

Well, here comes science to kick religion in the nuts once again: the Jews were never slaves in Egypt!

full story here http://www.religiouscriticism.com/bible/the-jews-were-never-slaves-in-egypt/

. **************************************************************************************

. HAARETZ

. [ Israel's oldest daily newspaper. It was founded in 1918.]

. Were Jews ever really slaves in Egypt, or is Passover a myth?

..............................................................................................

The reality is that there is no evidence whatsoever that the Jews were ever enslaved in Egypt. Yes, there's the story contained within the bible itself, but that's not a remotely historically admissible source. I'm talking about real proof; archaeological evidence, state records and primary sources. Of these, nothing exists.

It is hard to believe that 600,000 families (which would mean about two million people) crossed the entire Sinai without leaving one shard of pottery (the archeologist's best friend) with Hebrew writing on it. It is remarkable that Egyptian records make no mention of the sudden migration of what would have been nearly a quarter of their population, nor has any evidence been found for any of the expected effects of such an exodus; such as economic downturn or labour shortages. Furthermore, there is no evidence in Israel that shows a sudden influx of people from another culture at that time. No rapid departure from traditional pottery has been seen, no record or story of a surge in population.

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/were-jews-ever-really-slaves-in-egypt-or-is-passover-a-myth-1.420844

. ******************************************************************************************************

. Harvard Magazine

..................................................................................

Now, drawing on diverse strands of evidence, from geological history to analysis of living arrangements, bread-making technology, and animal remains, Egyptologist Mark Lehner, an associate of Harvard’s Semitic Museum, is beginning to fashion an answer. He has found the city of the pyramid builders. They were not slaves.

http://harvardmagazine.com/2003/07/who-built-the-pyramids-html

Edited by Hir

didnt rameses let them go and moses led them to caanon to be free ..or ami getting my religious education befuddled?

during my own studies iv decided that the bible (infact most religeous books)are actualy tests. the idea being if people actually believe these writings then they are not allowed through the pearly gates as they are SHEEP- as the bible says. what the men upstairs are really looking for is people who can think for themselves, not being gullible. i class myself as an expert. anyway noahs ark is true.

• Like 1

TBF, not all, maybe not even a majority of "Christians" believe the Bible to be inerrant or infallible. Its really only the Evangelicals and Pentecostal types that do.

• Like 2

TBF, not all, maybe not even a majority of "Christians" believe the Bible to be inerrant or infallible. Its really only the Evangelicals and Pentecostal types that do.

my motherinlaw. forces "god" upon me, aparently mother mary is a whore. she could be classed as a christian extreamist. born again she is. nutter.

Israel's oldest daily newspaper. It was founded in 1918.] ,,how ? isreal did'nt exist til

Independence from Mandatory Palestine under Britishadministration - Declared 14 May 1948 - Recognition 1 May 1949

surly it would be palistine's oldest paper, just a thought ,, wasnt israel filled up with folk from germany and poland after 2nd ww ,,,, not sure where i heard that

• Like 1

i got to admit ..the bible never interested me until i read some graham hancock stuff and then all of a sudden it brought up all these stories from infant school ,id never realised how indoctrinating religious education was ..and how much of it stays in your grey matter ..in the same way grimms fairy tales do ,but now im a fair bit older the theories of hidden numbers that equate to the speed of light hidden in esoteric ways really dointerest me ..jeebus yahweh or matreya whatever you call him im sure its not what we think it is .

• Like 1