What's the best way to clean a grinder?

Growgreen

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the old thread but lol

I just cleaned my space case for the first time in over 7 years and it`s come up like new, I boiled it in full fat milk for 5 mins, then rinsed that out and there was still a lot of sludgey stuff in it. I then got a little bit of washing up liquid and a nail brush and scrubbed for about 20 seconds each bit and it`s almost spotless now, been meaning to do it for ages as the resin clogs up the edges and stops it turning, I`ve been using nail scissors or any old blade to trim off the resin, but it scratches the titanium off :ouch:

• Like 1

After putting my space case in hot milk I found a nylon ring/gasket. Does it go on the top ie where you put the bud or is it on the part with the mesh?

10 hours ago, ratdog said:

there was still a lot of sludgey stuff in it. I then got a little bit of washing up liquid and a nail brush and scrubbed for about 20 seconds each bit and it`s almost spotless now

that sludgy stuff is the good gear & you fucked it up by using fairy liquid.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

It`s ok, I have plenty more.

• Like 2

large.Grinders.jpg

(Just happened to have a pic of my clean grinders :) )

I regularly do the simmer in milk thing. In and out of the pan with pliers, then in some hot soapy water to scrub with bottlebrush.

Top up the milk if it's looking low.

Only thing is I messed up an old pan doing it last time. It was a pure stainless one, and it was left with an impossible layer of gunk inside.

My pans are crap anyway. Could do with some of those non stick ones when I can lol

E2A - Not dared to drink any of the milk yet lol

Edited by Jon Clobert
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 1:27 AM, Joint hogger said:

But at least he has hands that are as soft as his face :v: