How is the post-referendum scottisch situation?

Zeno

This thread is addressed to scottish people.

Tomorrow catalans are going to vote an ilegal referendum.

Most of people (including me) are going to vote just because the spanish goverment says that we have no right to do it, that we cannot decide about our future as democracy means for them keep the power and let people choose between A or B, wich is the same shit with a different name. They shit their pants in front of a authentic democratic process. We still do not know what we are going to find tomorrow. It's probably that security forces take to the streets. Situation is shameful here, no job, no futur; just corruption and promises of misery. The last thing you need is that goverment don't let you even vote. People are sick of all that, if the police go out it will be a free-for-all.

It's almost certain the YES option is gonne win outright. But anyway, the population will be definitely divided. Well I think it has already been divided. The catalan society has been strongly politized during the last 5 years. Because the crisis, because the political offensive agains catalan culture forced neutral poeple to take a position, because a general rage.

So I wonder how will this 9 November change catalonia.

I know Scotland is not Catalonia, but you got a referendum two months ago.

The majority decided to keep in UK. But f*ck these 45% of people who said NO is many people.

So I would like to know what's the plan now for those who wanted a free Scotland. This is the final of their fight?

If the NO wins here, it will calm the situation for a while. Maybe even for one generation while the pro independence groups reorganise their programme and get new forces. This is a 300 years issue, and catalans have shown they need more than 3 centuries for forget who they are. Catalonia has been historically able to integrate a larg part of the immigration and this has been crucial for keep the catalan culture alive against spanish goverment intentions.

So guys, what now for Scotland?

Who knows, but it started something. People are engaged and informed to an extent. We might not have been able to detatch ourselves from Westminster bullshit, but this feels like a much better position to be in than before the campaign.

Good luck and I hope things don't get violent, because that won't get anyone anywhere.

• Like 4

i think the spanish vote is nothing more than a test bed to see how well a country will sit once it has been divided,,,, read a bit about agenda 21 ,, :oldtoker: spain made a decision in around 1983 to follow to the letter ,, fascist police *check , agriculture under corporate control, check ,, major dam infrastructure in place to limit access to water ,check ,,,,,abandoned villages as people move into citys as no longer viable to live aagrarian life,check , law stopping collection of photons ,check ,, i would go on ........ :shutup:

Who knows, but it started something. People are engaged and informed to an extent. We might not have been able to detatch ourselves from Westminster bullshit, but this feels like a much better position to be in than before the campaign.

Good luck and I hope things don't get violent, because that won't get anyone anywhere.

Ten years ago when I got involved we were a little minority, well at least we felt like that. Current independence movement revived 30 years ago after some decades of fascism on one hand and intense immigration on the other. During that period aspirations of political freedom were maintained just inside the cercle of the catalan gentry. 30 years ago some radical left movements resumed that fight parallel to catalonia's cultural and linguistic renaissance. Since then it has been becoming a popular claim. From the right and the left. I think we were a little skeptical then about the possibility to reach the independence. I think we did it just because we felt I was fair. Now I think is very possible we get free soon. We succed or not, the best and more important achievement in all these years of fight has been to force people to think, to discuse, to talk. It has been a political exercise. Just because of that it was worth it. Just because a conformist and apathetic nation is worse than a slave nation. Edited by Zeno