Looking for breakfast

Nepalese_Joe

Evening all,

I've been to Dam many times, and know the place fairly well. I've been reading the other threads about coffee shop recommendations and will certainly be visiting when I go there again in October this year, I'll report back!

One thing we have never found is a place that does a good english breakfast.. sometimes you just need one after a heavy night with a foggy head!! :oldtoker::yawn:

Can you share any breakfast wonders? :chef: :chef: :chef:

Ive heard 'Greenwoods' is the place to go for a full english

Thanks Punk - looks pretty good to me!

• Like 1

la grotte - next to dampkring 2 smoking is allowed i dont think they do a full english, but they do serve breakfasts there

old quarter hotel - wormoestraat opposite hunters/burger bar (which do breakys as well)

la place - top floor of bibleotek (library very close to central station/nemo)

Batavia 1920 - opposite central station just before voyagers coffeeshop (smoking is allowed)

studio 2 - i like love the Poffertjes there (smoking allowed outside)

de pijp area has a ton of awesome places for breakfast

wallies waffles - albert cuyp market (my fav combo white chocolate and cherries

De Bakkerwinkel. Greenwoods has already been mentioned

RHO on Nes. Broodje Berts good for a BLT too

Krasnapolsky Hotel just stunning breakfasts (not cheap)

ru del ouu hotel (spelt wrong)opposite damrak tram stops (again not cheap but lovely)

Het Karbeel - wormoestraat nice cheap fill you up breaky

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Teddy's on the Warmoesstraat does a nice full English. Clean and really friendly. We had 2 this morning with drinks and an extra round of toast and it was less than £20. Virtually opposite Hill St Blues :)

Owd

We've been using studio 2 'lunchcafe' half way along the flower market since 1998. They do a range of egg, ham, bacon and toast combinations. Not sure if they do an actual full English but their scrambled eggs and bacon are great as are the traditional Dutch 'uitsmijter' which is fried eggs with ham and cheese on toast. The portions are decent and reasonably priced, especially considering the location.

Their toasties are great value, the coffees good and they do poffertjes (little pancakes dusted with icing sugar) and regular pancakes too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We've been using studio 2 'lunchcafe' half way along the flower market since 1998. They do a range of egg, ham, bacon and toast combinations. Not sure if they do an actual full English but their scrambled eggs and bacon are great as are the traditional Dutch 'uitsmijter' which is fried eggs with ham and cheese on toast. The portions are decent and reasonably priced, especially considering the location.

Their toasties are great value, the coffees good and they do poffertjes (little pancakes dusted with icing sugar) and regular pancakes too.

sounds like the one we use!!...litrally in the flower market!!

kind regards hd