Is it abuse?

powerband

I'm aware of abuse and its many facets.... almost like a cut crystal with one stone capable of a multitude of its many varying cut facets :g:

Drug / alcohol abuse, abuse from a violent partner, sexual abuse ..... too many to actions akin to abuse to name.

Just that word " Abuse! " immediately brings to my mind violence, and anger..... So I'm asking myself whether my eagerness to describe abusive reactions has overlooked the opposite end of the scale?

Do you have to be a nasty person to abuse? Or can being " toooo good to be true" be classed as a form of abuse?

Making no sense am I? lol ..... Being a caring , loving person can bring out a long slow form of defilement that goes completely unnoticed for years. Loving, caring, and nurturing separates some friends , but eventually after time and patience that love can be used to isolate people and cut all outside bonds of past & present friendships. This then leaves an isolated lonely remnant of a once popular happy outgoing personality. Completely free to be confined by their abuser ( usually their partner) ..... so , the question is whether caging and isolating those you love can be classed as violation, oppression or abusive behaviour?

And how clever eh? Black eyes are obious :eek:

Any thoughts out there?

Loving, caring and nurturing can never be abuse :yep:

I think what your describing is over-possessiveness and veiled jealousy.

• Like 6

Yup the latest paragraf is of a controling mind. Love some one meanns it should remind as the first time you saw them.is not your possecion just brcause you are in a relationship....

• Like 1

so , the question is whether caging and isolating those you love can be classed as violation, oppression or abusive behaviour?

It is absolutely 100% abusive behaviour.

• Like 2

Guest hello

i think it depend on the "dominant roles" moral bearing, like if the person spreading the "love" is not a morally higher being.

...then it's probably more so getting another to submit ie "douchebag".

like how many people do you know capable of giving the correct guidance as opposed of trying to manipulate others to their way of thinking which may or may not be right ? (like who knows what goes on in grey matter / after death etc), i don't know anyone worthy of giving that advice i can think of ? (ghandi maybe ???)

also, you don't learn the meaning, without the experience, and only a douche would deny someone of the experience of learning also if they cared surely ?.

like beyond compassionate guidance (exemplified by own actions) you are basically a douche.

--------------------

i was thinking the other day about peoples desire to "share" their hardship upon on others (subconciously or otherwise) to allieviate their own load; even something as insignificant as snapping at someone who is being annoying - like why do we as a species externalise our problems like that ???, it's no good (obviously not meaning for people to simply repress things, but to understand them away, without being douches to people).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dependency is a bitch, but it's just impossible to detach yourself completely from everything all the time.

Guest Doozy

It takes two to tango. If you don't want to be confined, caged or isolated by a partner, you won't be, if you do want it, whether it be conscious or subconscious, you will.

Happens all the time, especially to men in my experience.

"take your balls out of your wife's purse" I think is what they say ;)