Why does Clegg get airtime?

distracted

Who is the Green Party Leader? I bet not many people know, she doesn't get airtime often, yet in the latest polls her party has pushed Clegg and chums into 5th place in a poll published this weekend by the independant.

Just been watching Clegg sitting on the sofa on the BBC waffling about energy companies, he gets lots of airtime. He may be the deputy Prime Minister but with elections coming up he is electioneering not discussing matters of state when he conducts these interviews. Why is it skewed so much? Why does a party that no longer has relevance in British politics get preferential treatment?

Getty-PA-AFP-BBC.jpg

• Like 1

The more people see the wanker dangling in the wind, hung on his own power grabbing betrayal of his voters, the better imo

• Like 2

Clegg has relevance because he could bring down the government anytime he chooses mate ..imho

ETA He is Daves enabler

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed
  • Like 1

Clegg has relevance because he could bring down the government anytime he chooses mate ..imho

Maybe but the ConDems changed the rules in 2011 on how MP's can bring down the government by raising the required number of votes, Cameron would just cruise on to the finish line as a minority government as the others couldn't get the % needed to call a general election (unless there was a split in the conservatives)

Maybe but the ConDems changed the rules in 2011 on how MP's can bring down the government by raising the required number of votes, Cameron would just cruise on to the finish line as a minority government as the others couldn't get the % needed to call a general election (unless there was a split in the conservatives)

interesting mate but can Clegg not just withdraw his party from government ?tia

Yes he can and in a labour coalition they could out vote conservative proposals, but Cameron would still be PM and conservative ministers would then control all the jobs in Westminster

Yes he can and in a labour coalition they could out vote conservative proposals, but Cameron would still be PM and conservative ministers would then control all the jobs in Westminster

ta mate this is just for my own interest,The torys didnt have enough votes to get into power and needed Lib Dem support but if the Lib Dems withdraw their support now does that not require another election? tia

Edited by Jimboo

The only 'air-time' I'd like to see Herr Clegg get would be to see him strapped to a chair and kicked off the loading ramp of a C-130 Hercules at high altitude somewhere over Iraq. The guy's a dirty, slimy, lying cunt.

Hope Caroline Lucas gets a decent turnout from the voters, she was the only MP who turned up to support the anti benefits reform petition and got arrested at Balcombe for protesting the fracking. :notworthy:

:oldtoker:

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 3

cleggs job is to destroy our constitution and give us one that does not benefit any of us just his pals ect.

he is a advocate of abuse of women (he refuses to look into it)

he is a advocate of child abuse .

he has worked in a office with a known child abuser (leon britton).

he has no business being an m.p as his loyalty lies else where .

Edited by catfish
  • Like 1

ta mate this is just for my own interest,The torys didnt have enough votes to get into power and needed Lib Dem support but if the Lib Dems withdraw their support now does that not require another election? tia

No. The Fixed term parliaments act 2011, allows for an early general election if 2/3 or more of the votes (including empty seats) vote for an early general election, the tories would have to vote in favour to dissolve parliament this way. Cameron can continue with a minority government without Libdem support, he just won't be as effective in pushing through Tory policy

Edited by distracted
  • Like 2

Clegg is the leader of the third most popular party and the Deputy Prime Minister - whether you like him or not people want to hear what he has to say. Are you trying to say that one half of the ruling coalition are not relevant but the Greens are, really?

Surely a more accurate Q is why does Farage get airtime and why do the BNP get to make party political broadcasts when they are both minority players.

he is a advocate of child abuse .

he has worked in a office with a known child abuser (leon britton).

He advocates child abuse ............ I doubt that somehow but Id be interested to now where you got that from.

And how do you know you havent worked in an office with a child abuser, convicted or not?

• Like 2

He advocates child abuse ............ I doubt that somehow but Id be interested to now where you got that from.

And how do you know you havent worked in an office with a child abuser, convicted or not?

ok maybe for now advocate is too strong . he has been asked a few times what is he going to do about institutional child abuse

he always runs away or deny that it going on .now in his position you are asking too ,much of me to accept that he knows nothing of institutional child abuse.

he worked under leon britton for a couple of years,im sure the were close as he has been called brittons prodigy also knowing that what a m.p does in his spare time will be used to control them.

now im not saying he did or didnt know about leon but i reckon he did.

in answer to your question .of course i could not know.

Edited by catfish

Clegg is the leader of the third most popular party and the Deputy Prime Minister - whether you like him or not people want to hear what he has to say. Are you trying to say that one half of the ruling coalition are not relevant but the Greens are, really?

Surely a more accurate Q is why does Farage get airtime and why do the BNP get to make party political broadcasts when they are both minority players.

In the poll I quoted the break down is:

Among those who are certain to vote, Ukip is on 35 per cent, 11 points ahead of Labour, on 24 per cent, with the Conservatives down two points from the last ComRes poll earlier this month, at 20 per cent. The Green Party has pushed the Liberal Democrats into fifth place and is up two points to 7 per cent, while Nick Clegg's party is down two to 6 per cent.

That is 5th place not 3rd, we will know more on friday, and on this poll UKip are the most popular for voters tomorrow, which is far from minority, protest votes maybe but the same could be claimed for the liberals current position. Libdem aren't half of the ruling coalition either, they have 1/6th of the coalitions votes

brittons prodigy

it's protege. And don't spread nasty rumours, Nick Clegg advocates child abuse indeed :nono:

Edited by Ishmael
  • Like 2