Life as it is - a short video

podencoid

I am posting this firmly in the metaphysics forum because it really isn't going to interest most people but I was very moved by it and wanted to share it somehow.

I was privileged to know Rick and some friends made this short film with him and his wife 10 weeks before he passed away in May this year. Rick was a highly driven character who qualified as a doctor and an oncologist with his own clinic. As well as working at this full time and raising a family he also became a very driven seeker in the Zen tradition and then in the modern advaita. 14 years before he died he was diagnosed with lung cancer and this drove him to seek for enlightenment even more strongly until the seeking dropped away (as explained in the film). He was very reconciled to death and handled everything lightly and without fuss – remarkable person.

Like I said, not really posting this for haters or debate or anything, just wanted to share it and maybe some people might find it interesting. Rather beautifully made film if nothing else.

• Like 3