Volcano air filter - do you ever change it?

cypher79

So I've had my Volcano for about 3 years and have never changed the little white air filter in it. Comparing the one thats in the Volcano to some of the unused replacements I've got and the used one is a shade or two darker than the unused spare ones.

Just wondering if anyone actually ever changes theirs? Does it make any kind of difference at all? :unsure:

(BTW, incase you don't know, the air filter is on the bottom of the Volcano, behind that little twist-lock thing ;) )

ive never changed mine. i jus check it to make sure its clean etc. ive had 2 volcs one for 5 nearly 5 yrs an my current one nearly 3yrs. its jus broken so i gotta try send it bk before the warranty runs out in january but i dont have the funds to send it insured to germany. looks like il be spending another 400 quid near xmas to buy another one. mine still works but i have to have it on temp 9 to get the same i would from 5-6 so the heater isnt heating it up like it should do. if anyone knows how to fix it let me know please. i cant afford the damn postage but then i really cant afford another 350 quid

Guest Default Attribute

Totally forgot there was an air filter there lol, just checked mine and it had a fair amount of dust clinging to it. Can't find my replacements so I gave it a wash for now.

• 2 months later...

I've had mine for about 4 years now, never changed the filter, only cleaned it properly once and I'm only on my 3rd bag....still works great :)

I have classic where is this filter, I had a look online and said underneath but could not see fittings.

Is it perhaps just on newer volcanos as think i read something like that.

Cheers

EF

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old post but I'm the same as resin coated, I got my volcano in 2005 and it does not have air fiter on bottom. Ive looked inside but can't find one there either.:mellow:

It's just a piece of sponge to catch fluff n stuff like they have in aquarium pumps or vacuum cleaners now.

I give mine a hot wash occasionally to clean it up as I'm too cheap to buy new ones lol