First visit to Amsterdam

cannibus

So having not smoked weed for about 15 years and with a trip to Amsterdam booked

I decided to get a bit of hash and put in the practice in the misguided thought that it

would prepare me for my impending trip (How I was wrong :yes: ).

On our first night we looked around a few coffee shops a bit embarassed and not sure

what the process was before deciding to call into a small quiet shop that I never even

checked the name. I explained to the guy behind the counter that we werent smokers

and with my wife never even having smoked a ciggy something without tobacco would

be prefered to which he recommended a cannabis only joint with the warning that it

was the strongest he had and to take two puffs wait 5 or 10 minutes and if everything

feels ok have another 2 puffs and so on.

We head over into a smoking area at the back of the shop and get it lit and with complete

disregard for the warning I was given I proceeded to smoke about half of the cone before

sitting back and waiting to see what happened and boy did it happen. After a few minutes

I could feel it starting to kick in and decided it was probably best to head back to our hotel

(Hotel CC) and relax but by the time we got back I was up with the angels. The intensity

was totally beyond what I had expected and the only thing I could compare it to was taking

4 or 5 strawberries back in the early 90's and tripping balls but it was absolutely amazing.

I have a whole new respect for cannabis now but as im only able to get hash over here and

not being in a position to grow my own im not sure if i'll get the same high for a while :(.

The things I learned that night were always respect the advice of the budtender and when

your that high you will have the best sex of your life :yes: .

• Like 2

Nice one Cannibus, I'm glad it didn't turn into a whitey :yep:

I smoke pure and a spliff usually lasts me an hour or two, taking a few tokes every now and then :skin_up:

What was the hotel like?, was it toker friendly?

Edited by TheStoneDuk
  • Like 1

The hotel was ok but it was made up of a few old buildings so our room was

at a bit of a strange angle and really small but the location was brilliant.

They have a no smoking policy but you could smell people smoking weed

most of the day so they either dont include weed in the ban or dont enforce

they're own rules.

Brill, me and partner have a trip planned and i expect ours to be a lot like that, we have only this year started smoking again and it's been a totally different experience than in my younger days, then it didn't matter what it was, I got battered went quiet and slept heavily, now it's done with an almost earthy spritualness and we get really high, talk like mad and it's like a new experience.

It's changed my life in a really positive way, am I gonna get a shock when I light my first joint in Amsterdam? :/

am I gonna get a shock when I light my first joint in Amsterdam? :/

Oh yes :D Personally I wouldnt go to the Dam for the weed coz I reckon I can grow just as good weed myself but if you dont grow or you dont smoke a lot of weed,I would sy yer in for a shock

Onwards n upwards

Salty

:pugwash:

• Like 1

Oh yes :D Personally I wouldnt go to the Dam for the weed coz I reckon I can grow just as good weed myself but if you dont grow or you dont smoke a lot of weed,I would sy yer in for a shock

Haha, oh shit.

We will train hard, eat right and hopefully come out of the experience unscathed.

Just started my first grow. Making loads of mistakes but I'm on the path, might delay the "trip" for a year. :)

Ive not been to the Dam for quite some time but I still remember how battered I was first time. Nowadays I think I can grow nice enough weed myself but the hashes are a different story. There is some lovely hash to be got. Just be prepared to pay through the nose for it. Ive only been once since the euro came in and it was so much more expensive. Ive heard of 17 or 18 euros a gram,more than you would pay over here but if you never been before its an awesome experience

Onwards n upwards

Salty

:pugwash:

Don't remember ever having a good hash, showing my inexperience but can a hash be that good?

Do you drink booze at all while you are there or does it just fuck things up? On an evening I enjoy a couple of beers after Im feeling pretty stoned but I'm already thinking that wouldn't be good at all in a place like Amsterdam, also if you are interested in trying loads of new stuff how long would you wait before smoking something different? Would you smoke like, a different strain a day?