Birmingham smoke out

asbo420

Anyone going to this, was told about this through a friend who uses facebook, looks interesting.
Arranged by Birmingham cannabis club and will be held at Cannon Hill Park saturday 31st august 1pm onwards.

As the Cannabis normalisation movement continues to gather momentum around the UK and Ireland, the chance has come for the people of Birmingham to stand up for their rights to medicate safely and consume responsibly. On the 31st of August 2013 Cannabis social clubs from Birmingham and the West Midlands are organising an afternoon of entertainment in Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham. Amongst the festivities there will be some chilled beats, merchandise give-aways, free information and guest speakers. The aim of the event is to increase public awareness about the safe use of cannabis, as well as to teach people about some of the proven medicinal benefits that come with consuming it. “Many people with a diverse set of medical conditions could be improving their quality of life but may not know yet, or even be opposed to Cannabis because of misinformation spread in the media. This is our chance set the record straight, and to stand up for our rights.

i doubt il go but would like to. its odd tho for some reason uk events never get much turn out. nobody ever goes or seems to care when they are on. whereas you go across to the states an often when someone organises a smoke up in a park the park is full of tokers protesting etc. uk events never seem to take off properly which is a shame really.

itd be good if lots of people did turn up for this event but for some reason i have my doubts. i suppose its people like me with my attitude thats part of the problem tho. if everyone thinks like me that nobody will turn up its gonna result in nobody turning up.

• Like 2

The thing is, how would anyone tell this from any other day ?

Has anyone been to Cannon Hill ?

Oh, and it's next door to the West Midlands Police athletic club.

I would go, but theres just something dubious\not quite right about public "smoke-togethers" in the UK... Just wouldn't feel comfortable.. especially next to WMP athletic club!

I would go, but theres just something dubious\not quite right about public "smoke-togethers" in the UK... Just wouldn't feel comfortable.. especially next to WMP athletic club!

ever been to one? It's the opposite, smoking in public and feeling comfortable about it is a top feeling :yahoo:

I'm going to try get to it

• Like 1

Guest grandad

whenever I smoke in view of the general public I like them to see smoking cannabis is for everyone regardless of age.

• Like 2

I'm in two minds about going, I do know the wilkinson fun fair is on at the park and also a huge sand pit and beach activities for the kids (not related to the smoke out)

with all these family activities I've a feeling a smoke out may not be welcomed by police.

I shall most likely pass through taking the kids to the funfair and have a gander.

Police do tend to frequent the park but its usually looking for doggers up near the allotments, they tend to not take to much notice of the smell of weed burning, they would be very busy if they did.

• Like 1

not only is it by the police athletic ground ,you've got a few muslim activists who would love to demonstrate against tokers having a good time ,,,,

not only is it by the police athletic ground ,you've got a few muslim activists who would love to demonstrate against tokers having a good time ,,,,

bollox, muslim youth smoke in the park all the time, they not gonna demonstrate against tokers, many islamic countries are more toker friendly than the uk.

• Like 5

This is what fucks me off "The aim of the event is to increase public awareness about the safe use of cannabis" which implies there's unsafe use. That gives the prohibitionists an in.

You don't see the drink or tobacco industry giving talks to consumers on "safe use" etc, why? Because nothing can ever be without risks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

do ypou live any where near cannon hill park muslim youth do smoke in the park but i aint talking about them ,talking about muslims from the mosques ,,,they hate to see tokers musim or english enjoying them selves,,so bollox to you twat face