Just got back.

DreadedWookie

Well, got back on Friday night after 5 days in Amsterdam.

Can definitely NOT recommend the Atlantis Hotel on Ceintuurbaan. Had problems with Booking.com, an incorrect room description and promised free upgrade. Dude on the desk that greeted us was a total gob shite, had no idea of the problem and was insistent on us paying extra for a balcony. Eventually sorted it, but not what you need getting off the tram late evening to 30° heat after a monster drive to the airport.

Hotel grief aside, had a cracking time. Cannot sing the praises of Dampkring's Neville's Haze enough. And as for Grey Area's Skywalker OG.. It was like smoking Peter Sutcliffe. Hammer to the head, knockout goods.

Had some of the best coffee of my life. Coffee Bru on Beukenplein, off Oosterpark. Top breakfast spot, with a dope pallet vertical garden in the back room. Koko on Oudezijds Achterburgwal, design boutique cum cafe. Screaming Beans is like no cafe you've been in before. Takes coffee brewing to a new level! But the top spot goes to Headfirst, just round the corner from SB on Tweede Helmersstraat. Stylish beyond belief, industrial chic. The most perfect flat white I've ever had the pleasure of consuming. Definitely check it out.

• Like 4

Nice report fella.

Can't usually go too far wrong with Grey Area or Dampkring. Far too busy for me nowadays tho, prefer Anyday if i'm in the centre of town of Katsu if i fancy a tram/cycle ride. Will always check Grey Area if there is no stupid size queue tho.

Sounds like it ain't just the usual type of coffeeshop we talk about here that you are a bit serious about either;) I'm a sucker for modern Dutch style so will deffo try and check some of those places you mentioned. Cheers.