Amsterdam June 2013

johnnyneuro

Spent a couple of days in Amsterdam last month. Unfortunately it was a work trip so had to stay sober and unstoned, but had a couple of days at the end of the week to have a wander.

Stayed near Spui, which I’ve always wanted to do and was a fantastic location. This meant that Tweede Kamer was my local and I spent most of time in here when I fancied a read and a smoke.

Bought Pineapple Haze from TK which was great; well cured, easy to smoke and a knock-out after 5 days of abstinence. Definitely smelled of pineapple in the bag and that’s what sold it me after smelling a couple of their other offerings. TK never changes and there was always a seat.

pineapplehaze

Also bought some New York Diesel from De Kuil (420) just because I've never grown a Diesel. Again, a well-cured good smoke, a bit earthier in smell and not quite as potent as the Haze, but I’d been smoking for half a day by then.

NYDiesel

Went to a few places I hadn’t been to before. Abraxas was a bit loud and young for me, but looked a decent place. The super-friendly bud-tender there also did all the security and was kept busy checking IDs. He must have turned away 20% of the kids who came in. What a pain in the arse job. I must give him a mention as a women had a bit of whitey and instead of just booting her out onto the street, he walked her around a bit and gave her a coke making sure she was alright before booting her out onto the street, which was nice of him.

Tried Voyagers, which has a great view but is a bit charmless. The manx bud-tender was a good laugh though.

Finally, Dutch Flowers which is next to Tweede Kamer. If you don’t buy their smoke, then you can’t stay. I only wanted a tea and the bud-tender was apologetic, but it’s still a bastard. Glad to say the place was empty.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the report mate.

I was in town for a day or two earlier this year but had a bike so went a bit further afield. Don't think i have ever been to TK but have had some nice weed and hash from De Kuil (420) for sure.

Totally agree with you about the bud-tender in Voyagers, really nice bloke.They also have awesome lighters and are usually playing some decent tunes.