What to look for..

Mr Herbert

Hi everyone I'm off to the dam in two weeks for the 5th time :yahoo: I've always wanted to sample the traditional hashs but I've never known how to judge the quality like I can with buds. In some coffeeshops the maroc is dearest and in others it will be the Afghan or nepalese and so on? Does the best hash generally come from a certain country or is it a case of various batches being better than another? What should I look for when I'm shown the selections I always assumed the softer the better but I've read a lot of the best dry sift hashes are solid until held in you hand for a while.

Never been so i dont know to what extent they let you examine the hash but from my own experience it should become softer when handled. I think that the blonde hashes will be easier to get something clean but ive found that they are not always very potent. I hope any of this speculation is useful :skin_up:

• Like 1

Thanks for that, it depends on the bud tender but it's usually just a look in the tub and stick your nose in for a whiff, I've seen that most shops now do half gram deals as well so I'll just buy a few to sample and buy more of what hits the spot.

• Like 1

The purer hash should bubble when heated with no ash left over but would need to buy it to do that test. Sometimes the less pure hash has more flavours so if it smells nice then that might be worth a punt.

• Like 1

Pretty much what the previous posters have said tbh.

I always like to at least smell the hash before purchase, if the seller will let you touch it even better. Follow your nose ;)

If they won't let me have a proper look, I simply won't buy and move on to a different shop.

Ask the dealer for any hash they keep tucked away in their pocket for ease of cutting; or for their personal recommendation.

Once you've made your choice, observe the seller closely and make sure they serve from the chunk that you have evaluated and have agreed to buy....I've often seen a dealer switch blocks if the customer isn't paying attention.

I would also refuse to buy a pre-weighed deal, even if they insist it is the same hash that you were looking at.....if they are not prepared to cut from the block then move on, plenty of other places to purchase.

Hope you have a great time :)

• Like 3

Thanks for your tips guys.Yer I always keep an eye on the dealer to make you he doesn't switch and I have walked out of coffee shops before because of their attitude, some of them just assume your ignorant and try to fill you with shit although I have to say most are just friendly people happy to be doing what they do :skin_up: