Cannabis Cup Trip

NuVista

I just booked a room in the hotel vijaya for this years cannabis cup ,4 nights.I hope it better then the last hotel i stayed in.I know its small although i liked the idea of a canal view and its pretty central to the coffee shops.Last stay i was in a room with a view of the adjoining buildings brick wall and there was no heating in the room and no breakfast even though it was advertised as breakfast included.I know the hotel vijaya is pretty basic and thats fine as long as i have a bed and somewhere to have a shower and breakfast and apparently there is free wi-fi.Anyone stay in the Vijaya before?,i would like to here some views on it.I did read alot of reviews on the booking forum and all seem to be average and alot of people suggesting to take ear plugs because of the street noise at night.I think the street noise is not that loud in late November. :smokin:

Anybody have any tips for decent food and good coffee shops (with vapes) for the cup weekend let me know.

This my first Cannabis Cup trip although i have been over a few times before over Christmas.

Where can one acquire the day passes for the Expo?..I felt a judges pass was a little expensive at 269 euro.

Edited by NuVista

Cocos Outback has unlimited ribs and chicken for €20 and some pretty big burgers too. I can't recall many other restaurants though, Dam trips usually end in a blur for me. :D

I only buy weed from a few coffeeshops, mainly Dampkring weed and BlueBird hash. BlueBird have some great traditional hash available. I haven't been in a few years though, so I am sure some places have improved whilst others will have declined.

I am not totally positive, but I believe day passes for the cup can be purchased on entry.

Edit: From the Cup website

Can I buy a Cannabis Cup judge’s pass at the event?

Yes, you may buy a Cannabis Cup judge’s pass at the door. EUROS ONLY. NO CREDIT CARDS PLEASE.

I can’t afford the pass. Can I still attend the event?

Yes. You can buy single ticket admission to the expo only for 50 euro – these day passes are not available in advance.

Edited by KingBlueRizla

Cocos Outback has unlimited ribs and chicken for €20 and some pretty big burgers too. I can't recall many other restaurants though, Dam trips usually end in a blur for me. :D

I only buy weed from a few coffeeshops, mainly Dampkring weed and BlueBird hash. BlueBird have some great traditional hash available. I haven't been in a few years though, so I am sure some places have improved whilst others will have declined.

I am not totally positive, but I believe day passes for the cup can be purchased on entry.

Just had a look on the net following you suggestion.There is a joint called the Satellite sports cafe that do unlimited ribs for 9.95..happy daze. :woot:

Edit: From the Cup website

Oh ok..i did read this and wondered if it was purchase on entry..cheers :yep:

I am now wanting to book up a trip to the cup. Mainly because I just had a look at the first coffeeshop I ever went in, The Dolphins coffeeshop. Ah, vague memories. :D

I am now wanting to book up a trip to the cup. Mainly because I just had a look at the first coffeeshop I ever went in, The Dolphins coffeeshop. Ah, vague memories. :D

Yea..I do recall after a stay one of my mates looked at me strangely on the train journey back to Sciphol and said ''what just happened there''.. :wacko:

What about space cake or brownies ..I have read that there are a few places that are worth checking out and alot of rip of joints also.

My non smoking friend had a cake from BlueBird. Half hour later, his right side of his face went to sleep, he looked like he had a stroke, but was loving it. That was before we had even checked into the hotel. :D I have only had two cakes in Dam, no idea about the strength, but one was a lovely tasting cake. There used to be a coffeeshop called Chocolata that had lovely cakes, but that is now an Abraxas coffeeshop.

Me and a couple friends are going to the dam for the cup also ive never been before so should be some fun messy times.

My non smoking friend had a cake from BlueBird. Half hour later, his right side of his face went to sleep, he looked like he had a stroke, but was loving it. That was before we had even checked into the hotel. :D I have only had two cakes in Dam, no idea about the strength, but one was a lovely tasting cake. There used to be a coffeeshop called Chocolata that had lovely cakes, but that is now an Abraxas coffeeshop.

Yea some of the cakes are really tasty.I stayed in the Aroza hostel many moons ago and they called an order in for cake after i asked the bartender.It arrived in a box on the back of a scooter like a pizza although i dont recall where supllied it.Layers of tangerines and grated chocolate as well as a tin of squirty cream. It was a waste really as i was really baked even before i ate it so dont know what the effect was.I heard that one can acquire opium laced hash also if asking the right person.

I heard that one can acquire opium laced hash also if asking the right person.

I believe opium hash to be a myth. I think I remember reading that it was likely mouldy hash that was sold as opiated hash.

Definitely right about being stoned before eating a cake, no idea on the strength. :D

I thought they wern't allowed to serve non residents anymore?, or they were getting fined for it or something, would we still be served in the coffee shops?

The whole residents only thing is for border countries that share its borders with countries where cannabis is illegal. Dam will be fine for a while...yet

The whole residents only thing is for border countries that share its borders with countries where cannabis is illegal. Dam will be fine for a while...yet

Good to know, i died a wee bit inside when i read that

Believe me the law will not change now.The debate has been looked at and its been accepted by the authorities there that it would be very damaging to the tourism if there was any kind of ban.The light is starting to be shead on how weed is helping so many people across the globe that need medicated and governments are starting to permit its use bit by bit.I would not hold my breath though regarding the uk but i am shure it will be permitted sometime for people who really need it.As far a legalizing it goes ,i would rather have it the way it is as every asshole in a suit would be smoking and that would then make it a whole different thing /..just keep it for the select few and the heads who will really appreciate it. :smokin:

Edited by NuVista
  • Like 1