Portables: DaVinci Ascent & Ploom Pax

Bones de WeedZard

hi, first of all wellcome!! I'm totally new 'n' a stranger to vaping, but I'm a geek who recently quit tobacco, so:

as above, will ya import them, have ya seen/tried them of yet?!

I'm attracted to them, as I'm considering an extreme Q for the coffee table... only thang, I'd like to try vaping before committing any kind of money... :rolleyes: (right now I'm turnin into somewhat of a bong fiend...)

Edited by Bones_Chronic

I own a Pax, and it's a very nice little vape, but it takes a lot of cleaning if it sees regular use- it easily gets gummed up, especially in the mouthpiece, so if you use it every day it will need cleaning every day, which is a pain. That and they're still not available outside of North America, which is crazy to me- I just don't understand why the manufacturer won't let us Europeans stock it.

The Ascent isn't even a finished product yet- from what I hear they released some prototypes which quickly revealed some problems with the design, so they've gone back to the drawing board. Once it's released in the US it'll come here a couple of months after. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I wasn't impressed with the original Da Vinci, it has terrible flavour, but perhaps the Ascent will be better as it's all-glass.

My pick for portable vapes is still the Arizer Solo- it's simple to use, great value, has full temperature control, works better with hash than any other portable vape out there, even traditional black hash like Moroccan or Afghan vapes beautifully in the Solo. You don't have to grind herb to get an even vape, you can literally just pluck off a bud and stick it in the mouthpiece. And it's by far the easiest to clean- the glass mouthpiece can go in the dishwasher and comes out sparkling clean. I know lots of people who have a Solo and don't feel the need for a home vape because the Solo fits that bill for them too.

• Like 4

UK Davinci distributor Tangy Gifts told me the Ascent has not been approved for a European CE mark, and it should be in place by August. I want it now!

• Like 1

I really want to hold off for the Ascent but fed up with the dangling carrot.

The. Solo looks more and more tempting each day... But I know when the Ascent is released and I am sucking on my

Solo, I will be checking the bank balance :doh:

Edited by Floyd
  • Like 2

Yes but unfortunately it still doesn't perform as well as a Solo, which requires much less cleaning. I like the style of the Pax, but the Solo provides a better experience, with much less hassle.

Edited by vapefiend

But you can't change the batteries in the Ascent. So as a UK customer what do you do when they conk out? (Unless that's one of the things they're changing.)

You can't change the batteries in a Pax either. Most companies will replace the battery for a fee. Arizer allow certain authorized distributors (like us) to change batteries and carry out other minor repairs under warranty, or for a small free when warranty is expired, maybe Da Vinci will do this?

Nobody really knows anything solid about the Ascent right now, as nobody's seen the finished version.

I asked Davinci if it was true that, as I'd read on another forum, they released some Ascent prototypes which quickly revealed problems with the design, so they'd gone back to the drawing board. DV replied (today) "Yes, they [sic] are in process of fixing any problems with the Ascent".

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to have to get the Arizer solo one day, never heard a bad report on it vapefiend

Me too. In fact I think I'll be getting one end of the month.

It's really stood the test of time, while others (Thermovape, vapoblunt, pax, PUFFiT) have come and gone. None of them perform like the Solo. Hats off to Arizer, they make seriously good vapes.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...