The Houseboat Summit

An interesting conversation between Alan Watts, Timothy Leary, Allen Ginsberg, Gary Snyder, and Allen Cohen have a conversation on Alan's houseboat.

This event took place in February 1967, Sausalito, Calif. on the Vallejo at the time Alan Watts owned it. It was recorded and published in the San Francisco Oracle magazine.

There are a number of interesting topics discussed and some fascinating similarities to what is taking place in the world again today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7FoZvlkUS8

Partly transcribed here

eta: Transcription link

Edited by Floyd
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

This looks interesting. However, the sub culture got commodified and eaten alive by capitalism. Authenticity, or its lack, also seems to be the problem. Its all shit. The world sucks. we're all doomed. Lets just eat cake, get high and fornicate. Much easier.

However, the sub culture got commodified and eaten alive by capitalism.

succinct description of the Virgin conglomerate

but let's not give up on the subculture, it lives on and renews itself, it was there outside St Paul's

• Like 3

succinct description of the Virgin conglomerate

but let's not give up on the subculture, it lives on and renews itself, it was there outside St Paul's

I'm tired of placard waving, protest tent cities and ranting. The alternative exists but everyones too lame to:

1. stop paying there mortgages en masse,

2 stop paying their taxes (only an option for the self-employed)

2 stop paying their fines en masse,

3 start doing everything that's illegal yet moral ie grow cannabis en masse openly (judicial system grinds to a halt)

4 stop using fossil fuels (solar power, horses, donkeys, cycle )

5 .... and a whole host more.

Everytime I see someone waving a placard and shouting slogans I want to castrate them. These people should not be allowed to reproduce.

Edited by amalthea

Everytime I see someone waving a placard and shouting slogans I want to castrate them. These people should not be allowed to reproduce.

Castrating those who cause the "placard waving" would be more appropriate, but both equally silly.

Castrating those who cause the "placard waving" would be more appropriate, but both equally silly.

Not a good look, castrating folk.

iraqabuse6.jpg

I dont think this bitch even castrated anyone, just tortured folks goulies with a cattle prod. Nevertheless, not a good look :pitchfork: