In search of Sativa

Dimitri

I'm going to be heading to Amsterdam in a few weeks and would like to sample some 100% sativa if it's available anywhere. Although I've grown a few strains myself, it's unlikely I'll be able to grow a pure sativa plant due to the height restrictions and long flowering time, so I'd be interested in trying some.

Can anybody recommend any pure sativa strains to try and what coffeeshops stock them? When I've visited in past I was most impressed with the offerings from Grey Area, Amnesia, De Kuil and Katsu, but I don't remember if any of these places stocked sativas.

Not sure about totally pure sats but the equatorial haze aka Mexican haze available in some places was the closest last time I was there.

• Like 1

what nobody said, look out for mexican haze, dampkring usually sell it, 18 week flowering pure sativa. dampkring also sell mekong haze which is also pure landrace sativa but for some reason they only sell it in pre rolled pure joints, it never seems to be available to buy in grams :unsure: dampkring also sell a load of other sativas but the 2 mentioned are non hybrids :stoned:

Edited by the_shogun

I really liked Dr Grinspoon we picked up from Barney's. 100% Landrace sativa :skin_up:

Very expensive and some of the weirdest buds I've ever seen, but it had a fantastic, clear, energizing high. I believe quaze has similar genetics, that can be had from Amnesia and I've seen equally good reports.

• Like 1

I really liked Dr Grinspoon we picked up from Barney's. 100% Landrace sativa :skin_up:

Very expensive and some of the weirdest buds I've ever seen, but it had a fantastic, clear, energizing high. I believe quaze has similar genetics, that can be had from Amnesia and I've seen equally good reports.

dont think its 100% landrace, barneys claim dr grinspoon came from a seed found in 'one of the best bits of asian hash to ever come to amsterdam' which its self doesnt make sense because good hash would never have a seed in it :unsure: reeferman claims dr grinspoon is a strain he was working with and barneys stole it. its also roumored to be quaze haze, a haze strain bred by a fella called quaze from the ic mag forums, and other roumors are its a thai pheno of destroyer from cannabiogen. who knows but wherever it came from it is meant to be nice :stoned:

Edited by the_shogun
  • Like 1

reeferman claims dr grinspoon is a strain he was working with and barneys stole it. its also roumored to be quaze haze, a haze strain bred by a fella called quaze from the ic mag forums, and other roumors are its a thai pheno of destroyer from cannabiogen.

I've also heard such rumors and doubt the authenticity of this barney's strain, but it's a nice 100% sativa high. I've heard of links betweek this and a neville haze pheno too. Another strain full of myths!

Maybe better to try the Quaze from Amnesia, although I'm sure you'll enjoy any of the suggestions so far :yinyang:

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

I've been reading about Dr Grinspoon and Mexican Haze. These definitely look like what I'm after. When I go, I'll have to pay a visit to Dampkring. Although the place looks good and the menu is impressive, I usually avoid this coffeshop as its always too busy for me, I like to smoke somewhere a bit more chilled out.

Thanks for the replies.

I've been reading about Dr Grinspoon and Mexican Haze. These definitely look like what I'm after. When I go, I'll have to pay a visit to Dampkring. Although the place looks good and the menu is impressive, I usually avoid this coffeshop as its always too busy for me, I like to smoke somewhere a bit more chilled out.

i agree about dampkring, great coffee shop with one of the best menus in amsterdam but its just too busy these days, look for a coffee shop called 'tweed kamer', its dampkrings sister shop and has the same menu, its usually a lot quieter than dampkring, alternatively buy from dampkring and head somewhere more chilled out to smoke :stoned:

• Like 1