Just booked Dam for dam in april

smithybud

When I've been in the past I've stayed at

Hotel Luxor

Prins Hendrik

Hotel Terminus (now Tulip Hotel)

Hotel CC

All of these were fine - nothing special, but clean, tidy and not too noisy. I'm going back in a few week and will be staying at The Tulip Hotel as I got the best price online. All of them are located close to a large number of coffeeshops and aren't too far away from the train station.

Forgot to mention (sorry).....don't book the Luxor (I've stayed there) or any of the hotels on that particular end of the street.

It's a good area for coffeeshops, bars, RLD, easy walk to central station, trams etc. But; it is incredibly noisey and I always try to avoid the area if possible.

The other thing I will mention is the type of building in that part of town....they are old and extremely narrow in design. The rooms are often oddly shaped and so small; I mean really tiny.

You might be okay with this smithy, but it's not my cup of tea these days.....I'm getting on a bit and enjoy a good nights kip in a room that doesn't feel like it's caving in all around me :lol:

Last time I stayed up that end of town, I had some balilika band playing folk jigs at 2 in the morning.....it sounded like they were in my fucking room. Not good with a trip to Gouda and a business meeting the following morning.

On the plus side, you are a 2 minute walk from Thai Bird where you can get excellent Thai food at a very reasonable price.

Me and mrs hd spent several nights in the luxor,was ok too......hunters is just up the street from it...super central and clean,was quiet too if my memory serves me correct

kind regards HD

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I go to the Dam I use The Greenhouse Effect. Always been a good experience staying their. Have their own coffee shop as well and you get discount on their bud for using the hotel. Based at Warmoesstrat just off the Damrak.

www.greenhouse-effect.nl

• Like 2

I usually stay at ' The Old Quarter ' which is on Warmoesstraat and next door to Hunters coffee shop with the gold fish..

Cheap, breakfast included, bar/restaurant downstairs, clean narrow rooms and very central as it's only a 10 minute walk to the train station max.

It can be noisy but I found it was usually down to really inconsiderate people letting doors slam every 10 mins rather than the hussle and bustle of the nightlife outside, which I quite enjoy.

It also has an annex opposite which I found to be great, with nice views and peace. The bathroom was shared as it is in the main hotel :)

toki

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replys to this topic, i almost forgot about it :wassnnme: . Were off in about a week and are very exicted. We cancelled the hotel luxur and booked the nh carlton hotel instead (hope thats a good decision!).

The misses and i are really looking forward to going to the dungeons and eating out at some nice steakhouses. We also plan on going to harlem- excuse the spelling!! Which coffeeshops should we go to whist there?

Smithy :yinyang:

If your going to Haarlem I would recommend a visit to Birdys coffee shop, it has some devestating jelly hash, nice interior and fair prices! The quality seems to be better in Haarlem than in Amsterdam. In Amsterdam De Grall has some very nice import hash, enjoy your trip!

Hello

Me & the wife have been twice in the last 6 months and stayed here http://www.atrainhotel.com/ Its a 3* hotel and faces central station,the rooms are small,like most in Amsterdam. Theres a safe in the room,a lift if needed,breakfast included and a phone/tv and hairdryer. If booking online use the code (atrain) for a 10% discount.

The nearest is coffee shop is a minutes walk to your left as you leave the hotel,it used to be closer but Rastababys is now closed,but just up from there,theres Holywood and the doors and the Bulldog,or walk another 2 mins and you,ll find barneys. The other direction theres bluebrothers cafe ben 420 cafe ect.

I recomend Holywood and their Amnesia haze and bubblegum.

Enjoy your trip.

Bobby.

• Like 1

hi guys im going on the 19th april until the 23rd april,when ive flown ive never booked a hotel before,this time im going with a friend who has never been and wants to pre book the hotel for security as we dont arrive in centraal until 11:30 pm ,looked online for these dates to be told be nearly everyone it is booke up fully on the 19th and 20th and prices are really dear where there are spaces available online,anyone with any ideas?

Can't believe no one has mentioned the 'superplayer' hotel to stay in, awesome makes the trip alot better when you can get back and carry the smoke on in the luxury apartment.. if your not going solo its worth going there and split the costs. Have a good time. :skin_up:

• 1 month later...

I would recommend tracking down some super lemon bio to smoke buddy, it's delicious. The only coffee shop I wasn't very impressed with was Green house - I went there twice hoping to pick up some seeds and the first time they were out of them and some smoke then the second time they hadn't replaced either when I was told the would. The place seemed far too commercial for my liking, the only nice part of it was the outside where there were locals with dogs at the tables... Try the new cannabis mayonnaise in the chip shops too it's beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't believe no one has mentioned the 'superplayer' hotel to stay in, awesome makes the trip alot better when you can get back and carry the smoke on in the luxury apartment.. if your not going solo its worth going there and split the costs. Have a good time. :skin_up:

man thats a sweet apartment, my quotes were 100 quid a night for the 4 person apartment. offer seemed too good. then i read this

"Please note the following extra fees to be paid on arrival:

Cleaning Fee - 40 euros

There is a security (damage/key) deposit of Euro 250 refundable on departure. This deposit will be refund by Bank Transfer or Pay Pal account. Cash refund is available under the condition of extra 30 euros payment at check in.

Late Check In - 30 euros

-Late check-in from 6pm-10pm is 30 Euro, check-in after 10pm is 50 Euro.

-Early check in from 10am - 3pm is 30 Euro. (Only in cases where there is no guests checking-out the same day).

-Late check-out after 12 is 50 Euro. (In cases where nobody is coming to the apartment same day).

In the case that a check-out is before 9:00, the security deposit will be returned via PayPal or Bank transfer once the apartment is inspected"

:nea: :nea: nooo way josé :nea: :nea:

looking at it again, its still damn cheap for what it is. 250 euro deposits still a bit hardcore

you/anyone been to the superplayer?? is smoking allowed?