DIY Vaporizer build

MED

Hey folks :stoned:

I want a vaporizer real bad but money is a prohibitive son of a bitch :wallbash:

i have one of these cheap pipes that has a vape attachment. its not to bad for an intro to vaping. A little tricky not to burn it and you have to stir it after each go to get even vaping.

133-2.jpg

Works tho :stoned: tasty weed indeed :stoned:

So,.. the DIY part.

I want to see if i can source the parts for making a volcano style, temp controlled beast of a vaporizer that will last a life time. and hopefully look bad ass too.

Wishfull thinking?

A DIY soldering iron vaporizer :spliff:

diy-vaporizer.jpg?w=470&h=400

not sure about the soldering iron as a heating element. doubt that was made with smoking in mind! but it looks damn effective. the pan method is bloody effective too lol

The Parts for making the beast i have found so far.

Thermostat

$(KGrHqV,!k0E+1NP4uN-BQKKmSmGCg~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16J,!)EE9s2ufWVZBQMv,S2Hkg~~60_14.JPG

"This product is specialized for the high temperature heating industry application design of automatic intelligent control system.. It's applicabie to the control of high-temperature heating.Capable of 0~400°C temperature control,with alarm of ultrahigh/ultralow temperature and selfcheck of sensor error(option:waterproof shield)."

Ebay £17.01

metal sensor looks good :yep:

Scientific glass crucibles are not cheap (can cost £100's) but can be found for £20-50 if you hunt.

a1423.jpg

ceramic heating elements sound great but im struggling to find something small enough that is also hot enough.

Has anyone seen a bad ass DIY vape of Volcano or Herbalaire standards?

• Like 9

Wow Med, good on ya for even contemplating this!! I'll be interested to see the finished article :guitar:

good luck with it bro :yinyang:

• Like 1

I thought you would have started with a wooden pipe first lol

I am surprised you ain't done that actually with your wood manipulating skills?

Back to the vape, how about buying the herbalaire crucible, I picked up spare ones for

mine and they were £6 each.

Good luck with it bud :)

• Like 1

Would you not just be better buying one of them Herb Irons and using it with a bong? It would be cheaper I think?

• Like 2

Once tried using a hair straightener element as they heat up to 180c, didn't end well :wassnnme:

Bought my volcano for ~£200 and tbh a diy build will probably end up costing at least half that, why not go for the real deal?

Very adventurous of you MED. Can't help though other than to wish you luck with the build.

Thanks dude :D

Wow Med, good on ya for even contemplating this!! I'll be interested to see the finished article

good luck with it bro

Thanks bud :skin_up:

I thought you would have started with a wooden pipe first lol

I am surprised you ain't done that actually with your wood manipulating skills?

Back to the vape, how about buying the herbalaire crucible, I picked up spare ones for

mine and they were £6 each.

Good luck with it bud :)

haha i did give some thought to wooden smoken devices but i just don't fancy them.

Thats a genius (sorry Lake) awesome idea Floyd :yep: thats cheap :D

Would you not just be better buying one of them Herb Irons and using it with a bong? It would be cheaper I think?

HerbIronBlack-250x250.jpg

That it Lake? i did see them but scoffed at the £60 price for a 25w soldering iron just cause it has a ceramic tip.

im sure i can get something very similar if not better for cheaper. or even design something from a soldering iron so that the iron is isolated from the inhale air pathways.

Or maybe one off them digi heat guns and a bong?

I know where you are coming from on this idea but its way too much power and not enough control over the fan.

But maybe the parts from one could be used :yep:

Or the DIY light bulb vape design with a digital heat gun?

haha i like it :D like some kinda mad scientist lab set up :guitar:

i've had a go .

Used a wooden base ( which tainted the vapour :( ) brass fittings (iirc a 22/15/15 T because the G4 lampholder fits perfectly in one of the holes), stainless gauze & a couple of different wattage 12v halogen capsule type lamps , one at a time to see what temp they gave out.

First try was powered by a 12v 4A dc psu with a 240v dimmer between the mains & the psu. It made the power pack buzz unfortunately and lacked the fine control to get the temp just right . i used an infra red thermometer to check each attempt.

i then found a 12v led controller on fleabay for a few quid , so ordered one .

it worked well and reached a good temp with one or the other halogen lamp .

the main downside for me was that it cast a bright light upwards & reflected off the jar dazzling me.

it's a lot of dicking around getting it just right , perhaps if i'd tweaked it more and found a neutral wood , it might have worked.

i spent very little as i had most of the bits , but if you've got to buy stuff to try , it would probably be better to get a volcano or something.

close , but no cigar vape

back to :skin_up::spliff:

p.s. not trying to put you off or owt, just relaying my experience.

Edited by Tremont
  • Like 1

Superb Tremont! :yep:

Halogen lights are a genius idea for the heat source. my heads buzzing with ideas from that. lol can see the light being a pain in the eyes lol

i really have no intentions of spending big bucks on anything. ive got some really nice oak i can use that is air dried and should add no undesired effects but i dont plan on having wood exposed at any point to the air pathways.

That hasn't put me off at all dude. its got me buzzing with ideas :yep: (eyes up the halogen lamp with brightness control in the corner of the room)

Cheers dude :D

just thought that a piece of ceramic on top of the light to conduct the heat and block the light would be good?

if a halogen bulb could handle being turned off and on by a thermostat then that would work for precise temp control.

Laser temp probe will be a must for this adventure.

• Like 1

i need a very small heating element that can be powered by a small battery maybe 6v. seen anything like that?

cant say i have chap. will keep an eye out for one on my internet hunts.

are you making a vape too weedshark?

Have you not got the thing built yet? :wassnnme:

too much time spent typing pish in the never ending story 2 thread. lol

Edited by Floyd
  • Like 2