Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference List

Joolz

Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference List- January 2012

Well, here I am again, staring at this blank screen, trying to figure out what to say so you will share the information I have gathered. ―Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious!‖ How many times have I said that? I need YOU to educate those around you. I can‘t do it alone!

At times, it seems so futile- this never-ending battle against ignorance about cannabis. But I can‘t give up - this simple herb has some amazing uses and people need to know what it can do.

[Click Here to Download]

:yinyang:

• Like 17

nice one joolz

is this what soberman tried to post?

yeah it was already posted here anyway but i couldn't find it so I've re uploaded it and made it a sticky :)

• Like 4

Great to see this as a sticky. Thanks Joolz.

Does anyone know if we should be expecting a new edition of Granny's wonderful list in the next month or so? There seems to have been some interesting new things pop up over the past year.

• 4 years later...

Awesome, thanks for this bible of information.  I have a friend who will hopefully make good use of this.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

latest update of the largest medical and scientific papers ever collected on cannabis :stoned: 

In keeping with the general chaotic trend of 2020, this year’s editing job of the List, was a total nightmare! An amazing number of recent abstracts have become full studies (necessitating editing and moving them around), and in the last 3 years, the number of studies on cannabis, the cannabinoids and the endocannabinoids has sky-rocketed.  Then, while checking the URLs,  I noted that the older http links were being replaced with the new https, so all of them needed replacing – which meant just about everything before 2015, and quite a few of the newer studies.  And with over 6,000 pages of studies to edit, it’s taken me a lot longer to get everything in order.  

I am beginning to think I may not be able to continue sending out the List twice a year.  It’s just becoming too much work, so it may be just yearly Lists from now on.  I’ll try to get a July List out, but I’m not sure it’s possible. Checking the links used to take a week or so, but now it is literally months of dull work, endlessly checking links.  

Then there is Covid. Now, the lockdown didn’t change my life too much, I was “halfway a hermit” already.  My eldest son began doing all the shopping for me, and I was no longer able to spend my Saturdays at the dispensary educating folks .  Other than that, my life went on pretty well as normal, but there was always that nagging bit of Covid-related stress in the back of my mind.   Being  a 73 year old type 2 diabetic, a cannabis smoker for over 50 years, and a just tad overweight, Covid could be a death sentence for me, so I’ve been very careful and rather reclusive. 

However, I  got my second Covid shot last month, and I just spent my first Saturday at the dispensary- well masked and gloved, of course.  The vaccine gives me 95% protection, but that still means there’s a 5% (1 in 20) risk of contracting Covid. So I’ll be wearing a mask (with a cannabis leaf print) and staying home 6 days a week, until “herd immunity” sets in.  Luckily, my county has a small population, so there aren’t that many to vaccinate. 

Speaking of Covid, there is a new section on it in the “Latest” segment of this year’s List, and another section on Covid’s social effects.  Since THC and CBD apparently can slow down Covid’s “cytokine storm”,  I’ve added a section on cytokines. And there is a scattering of new topics like Chemo/Covid brain fog and Caretakers.  After you download a segment, you may have to click “Contents” on the left side to get the index for the List. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s49iye6z6rf7g7i/GSCLJan2021Latest.pdf

The studies from “2010 to 2014” have their own segment  in the List.  I keep adding interesting studies as I find them, no matter what their date is.  There is a lot of good info in the older studies, so don’t ignore them. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4u6p4c7fac1s3wa/GSCLJan2021%2C%202010-2014.pdf?dl=1

The “News”  segment is not just for beginners, although it is a good place to begin your cannabis education.  If an interesting study has only an abstract available, there’s  often a news article that will give you more details.  The news articles give everyone a quick and easy way to learn more.  After the “News”  is a “Mini- dictionary” to help you through the studies. Once you know what those new words mean, it is far easier to understand the study.  That is followed by  two sections on the older studies ,  “2000 to 2009” and “Pre-2000”(some date back to the 1800s).  These studies are the foundation for all our newer studies, and they are usually easier to read.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6e8lsfmreji8ye/GSCLJan2021%2C%20News%2C%20Dictionary%2C%20Pre-2000%2C%202000-2009.pdf?dl=1

The last segment has the studies focusing on the plant cannabinoids, “Phytocannabinoids”, then the large “Endocannabinoid System”, followed by  a smaller section on “Endocannabinoid Genetics”,  and finally, those often dangerous “Synthetic Cannabinoids”

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3wg64y0nantyyg/GSCLJan2021%2CPhytos%2CECS%2CECS%20Genetics%2CSynthetics.pdf?dl=1

I strongly encourage all of you to share my List (or even just the news segment) with your friends, relatives, college students and medical professionals.   You can get on my mailing list to get free updates of my List by sending an email to grannystormcrow@gmail.com .

Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for full legalization becomes obvious.  The truth about cannabis has been ignored and hidden from the people for far too long. And like my Grandfather once said, “If the truth won’t do, then something is wrong!” 

Granny

:yinyang:

• Like 7

Cracking stuff! Always good to be armed with the latest information, if only to bat off the 'granny bashers' eh. 

On a different note, hats off to you @twigs for all the diligent, and no doubt exhaustive work you do on behalf of the community.

Leading me to say, have you given any thought to the uk420 community collaboratively assisting with the arduous task of editing? I'm sure we could get a selective group of volunteers to do their bit.... Count me in! 

Be a right shame to see the Granny go.

Just a thought

atb

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KiwiGold said:

Cracking stuff!

thanks mate for all the positive energy! :stoned: 

this is the nice lady that needs the help and support, you can message her direct!

large.4604793D-FE6F-422F-9FD1-9384DB84CBCF.jpeg

read and share mate its best in many peoples hands.. 

thanks again and have a good day!

large.930EE611-C598-4FCB-AED2-69CA12D1B190.jpeg

:bong:

• Like 3