Vaphead's Dam Coffeeshop Tour

Vapehead

Thought gotta do this review of strains and coffeeshops before 2013 and before I get too mashed lol . Went to the Dam in mid-Dec, on Friday evening to Monday afternoon. Let's get the negatives out the way - it is very expensive and I spent way too much, so staying in on new year's eve! Lost my camera :wallbash: (stoned, stupid pothead that I am!) but luckily had all my pics saved on my laptop. The other thing to say is I didn't stay very long in coffeeshops (a spliff at a time) as they were too smokey for me (asthma). And also, I'm much more of an indica than sativa head. 't bother with spacecakes - they do absolutely fuck all. I started keeping written notes but gave up by Saturday afternoon as I was completely out it! Went armed with an Arizer Solo and an MP3!

Bluebird (Friday eve) - bought OG Kush (weed) and Nepal Pollen (hash). The OG Kush had a very powerful stone, beautiful fruity smell and was strong in a Volcano (although the OG Kush I bought in Grey Area on Sunday was stronger). The Pollen was a soft black with a very clean taste, but thought it could've been stronger. Had expected it to be busier, playing Leftfield and Rage Against the Machine. Pretty cool, chilled vibe. Friendly staff.

Dampkring (Saturday morn) - bought Ceres Hilton (weed - wanted a hybrid, was 60% sat - 40% ind). Beautiful pine-like smell, very, very clean. Very strong, better than Bluebird's weed. Have been to the Dam several times before but never tried Dampkring - regret I didn't get more from here. Liked the interior. Dealer was rude although he was very busy. The whole place was packed and it was 10.45 on a Saturday morning. Didn't have a vaporiser so left.

Rusland (Saturday morn) - bought Shoe Sole (Moroccan hash). Did what it said on the tin, a mellow dreamy high. Had a lovely texture - soft brown and a slightly sweet smell. Very friendly (stoned) cat! Very quiet - popular with locals. I thought their menu was expensive and the hash was average for Dam quality. Good for chilling, but not sure I'd advise buying from here.

420 (Saturday a'noon) - bought Blueberry (weed). Lovely smell of fresh blueberries, mellow stone but not as strong as the others I've described. I very reluctantly agreed to buy a gram so I could use the vaporiser from the very rude dealer. The music was hectic jazz and the place was packed, so wasn't keen on vibe and left after a vape.

Ok, so this is where my notes run out and my oh so bad (pothead, ol' gal) memory kicks in! Will try my best.

Katsu (Saturday eve)- bought Master Kush (weed). Can't remember the smell, but nice clean high. Seemed to be quite a heady, lively buzz for an indica. First time I used a Verdamper - and gotta say I prefer the Volcano, as it's quite harsh on the throat towards the end of the bowl. Popular with locals, most of whom are pretty friendly. Good place to chill out.

Club Media (Saturday night) - bought Hindu Kush (weed). The smell was great, remember that - it was really spicy. It also knocked my arse straight out. Good for indica strains. Was better than the OG Kush from Bluebird. No vaporiser so headed back to the hotel for the Solo.

Grey Area (Sunday afternoon) - bought OG Kush (weed) and either Golden Soles (hash) or Nepali Creme (can't remember!). The OG Kush was awesome :woot: . The smell was stronger than Bluebird's. It was after doing some of that in a Volcano round the corner in Amnesia that I lost my camera (I think). Don't remember much about the hash only that it was strong - I was completely smashed by that point. Also, visited twice on Sunday - both times there were big queues outside (gave up the first time).

Green Place (Sunday evening) - bought MOG (weed - a kush). This was ridiculously powerful - it was like a horse sedative lol ! It was very, very strong smelling - kind've sickly tbh. It was dripping / coated in brown resin. I reckon it knocked me out for days - my memory from that time is very hazy! Only use if you are a severe insomniac! lol Would like to have tried more (sane) strains from here, as a couple of people said it's good for indicas.

All in all, the best weed and hash was from Dampkring, Club Media, Grey Area.

Well, that's it, apart from to say that got some good growing advice and strain tips from Sensi Seeds and Cannabis College - very friendly. Hope I haven't bored your socks off!

If you're going have a good time.

Happy New Year! :cheers:

:bong:

Edited by Vapehead
  • Like 8

u went dam without me bro? i thought we were homies n that.... :wassnnme::blub:

Yeah, maybe that's the problem - you always see me as a bro, when in fact I'm a sis! :P

• Like 5

Hi vapehead well done on the smoke reports.Been too long since i was in the Dam 15yrs-used to go yearly loved the place.

Good on you for taking notes as i never remember much about differing weed in the coffeeshops after a couple of morning spliffs.

Out of interest what was the prices of weed/hash like?

When you goin back?

Hwz

Hi vapehead well done on the smoke reports.Been too long since i was in the Dam 15yrs-used to go yearly loved the place.

Good on you for taking notes as i never remember much about differing weed in the coffeeshops after a couple of morning spliffs.

Out of interest what was the prices of weed/hash like?

When you goin back?

Hwz

Hi Again Hawkwindzoo - a very happy new year to you!

Yeah, the notes worked for less than 24 hours - had to give up as I was too blazed!

The prices were quite expensive - anywhere between 8.50 to 15.00 Euro for a gram of weed. The hash started at about 12.50E, the next price band seemed to be about 25.00E and going up from there. Needless to say I did not try those very expensive ones, although I may be tempted to next time.

Rusland was very expensive and serves average stuff. Katus and Club Media are further out from the centre, but have lower prices, but very good quality. They're also quieter to hang out in and popular with the locals.

Would not go to 420 again (on account of the very rude dealer) and would not buy from Bluebird again although I love the actual place and the staff are cool.

Would like to go back next year, in the winter again as much definitely quieter but let's see as I would love to visit a couple of my mates in US and Canada this year. Would love it though, if there was a 'vaporiser only' coffeeshop in the Dam (now there's an idea!), as the normal ones were a bit to smokey for my asthma.

• 2 weeks later...

Green Place (Sunday evening) - bought MOG (weed - a kush). This was ridiculously powerful - it was like a horse sedative lol ! It was very, very strong smelling - kind've sickly tbh. It was dripping / coated in brown resin. I reckon it knocked me out for days - my memory from that time is very hazy! Only use if you are a severe insomniac! lol Would like to have tried more (sane) strains from here, as a couple of people said it's good for indicas.

:

had a chocoalope from here, last time i was there, i can still taste it to this day. was really hashy and quite heavy.

is on my to do list :skin_up: