Rolling solo in the Dam

lotta_continua

So I've done it. Booked my "last trip to Amsterdam before the weedpass" without looking at the news first :doh: Oh well, worse things have happened. :rofl:

The unique thing about this trip I suppose is that I am going...by myself! Plan right now is do two nights in Amsterdam by myself and then go stay with a friend in Rotterdam from one night to complete a nice 4 day "weekend." I do have a solo studio apt at Greenhouse Effect booked but feel like I'm just on the edge of getting to the other side of too-old-to-stay-at-a-youth-hostel so may take the opportunity (if it can be viewed as such?)to do so while I still have it. Hopefully in either case I will find some fun strangers to talk shit with/to so will just need to determine what will maximise the potential for this happening.

Also plan on visiting some of the coffee shops I've neglected on previous trips, so one thing I do not plan on doing is making several extremely expensive visits to Barneys. As of right now my itinerary is rather modest and consists of:

- Green Place

- Grey Area

- Dampkring

- Katsu

Thats it. So anyone with any tips for visiting the Dam solo? Any good strains to try or shops to visit this year? Things you couldn't do with a group other than opening up a whole new can of sexual weirdness without anyone finding out? Coffee shop recommendations in Rotterdam?

Helpful insight and/or suggestions would be greatly appeciated :bong:

The last time i went a couple months ago my mate got kained and needed to sleep at about 5 on a saturday afternoon so i stayed out on my own for the rest of the evening and had a fucking great time, i got chatting with the staff at most of the coffee shops i visited and sat at the bar in all of them. I rolled back to the hotel at about 1 in the morning having had the best time i had ever had in my 10 visits to dam :wassnnme:

Smithy

hi man

if you can ride a bike and its dry ,hire a bicycle and go for a spin along the amstel river .Amserdam aint huge and you soon will be out in the countryside.stop for a smoke and go on or back.If you go on you can do a 30 mile loop back to vondel park.Its all flat and on cycle paths.All the bike hire shops will give you the route.

• Like 1

A smashing wee nipper like you ? You'll have a top time bro guaranteed especially staying at greenhouse, a good bar to meet folk in (not :beer: ) and not far from blues brothers or is it hill street blues(the one with grafiti wwalls and truffles), I've got a map of bars saved I'll dig out for you and one for coffeeshops too. Sorry can't help on culture

I often go on my own and it's great fun. There is always someone to talk to, both old and young :skin_up:

Utopia and Club Media are great coffeshops and it's worth googling amsterdam coffeeshop directory for reviews and map :skin_up:

• Like 1

in my experience the best holidays are the ones where you go by yourself, even better when they are totally un planned, get fucked and see where you end up. ive had some very memorable solo trips to amsterdam and a particularly memorable solo trip to thailand. the missus puts a stop to me doing anything like that these days which is probably a good thing :unsure: keeps me out of trouble

Edited by the_shogun

I intend to do just this very soon. I think as long as you're a confident, speak up kind of person and you have manners you'll have a great time.

I've heard about the Excalibur bar, apparently it's the only metal bar in the city, I wonder if you can smoke in there?

I am a very shy person but was commenting on the fact that I would be comfortable travelling to Amsterdam on my own.. really laid back and friendly place imo.

I just went for a long weekend last week for a coffee shop spree, tried over 30 strains and got to say that I enjoyed super silver/silver haze from greenhouse better than most, got some weird vibes when I was in there, a group of lads constantly looking over our shoulder from the next table but nothing came of it.. probably just paranoia!

I stayed in the old quarter which.. well it kept people from poking me when I was vulnerable but not much else, there was a gap in the window allowing copious amounts of sound and cold air in, on a positive note for them they did fit us in last minute and were very friendly.

Hope you have a good time, I will be going back soon :)

Also damn how good are the trains?!

30 mile loop

Trying to kill me?! :wink: That is a really good suggestion actually, though think I may wimp out and just ride to Haarlem.

When are you going? Im there from the 27th -30th dec.

:wassnnme:

Sorry can't help on culture

:rofl: Me neither

in my experience the best holidays are the ones where you go by yourself, even better when they are totally un planned, get fucked and see where you end up

Haha, that does sound rather appealing. This is a personal quality I'm try to cultivate, or perhaps rediscover. :skull:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@ismokepot I found the trains seem to be fairly intuitive. Just don't get on the wrong one and end out going past the Ajax stadium...even in your sobriety can you make errors, maybe that says something about the trains or me. Either way...

@willowisp Excalibur is awesome. You can drink up and down, with up having pool and you can smoke up there too. Really good place to take the excessive amounts of weed you end up buying and somewhere to smoke it and mong out watching football or playing pool.

Enjoy all you solo heads!

Was at the Excalibur this evening, I liked it and thought it was ok, but my 20 year daughter didnt like being the only females upstairs! Enjoyed a drink and a smoke there thou.