Spanish social clubs - for tourists?

tengreenfingers

If someone was to go to a Spanish island (or mainland) - let's say Tenerife purely for argument's sake - and wanted to partake of a little herb without resorting to some dodgy fella on the street - what chances do they have?

I know the general message is residents only for the social clubs, but how easy would it be to track down some good, wholesome herb?

What's the best way to go about it?

Find a headshop? Follow your nose?

How's it work?

The last time I was over there I enquired at the local growshop. They were very accommodating!

¿Cómo se dice "growshop" en español?

:P

(Not sure what to google for just now.)

EDIT

Should have googled first... it's "grow shop".

lol

Edited by tengreenfingers

find some ex pats :wink: when i go out to visit family its not hard to find some great seed filled bush weed that gives the perfect high to sit staring at mountains or a good book or tits on the beach :yahoo: 20 euros bagged me what looked like a q of bone dry backyard grown stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

¡Viva Las Canarias!

We are so very, very unfortunate here. I feel genuinely deprived now I've come back to the nonsense of this country.

Following the advice above I ventured to a nearby grow-shop and enquired.

€10 later and I had a fistful of the sacred herb that could easily have lasted me for over a month at my usual rates of use. Completely and utterly stunned at how much beautifully dried and legally grown herb I got for less than £10. Like "sky" said... bone dry.

It's astonishing what happens when you take the heat off. Nicely cured, beautiful smelling, dry, cheap, unadulterated cannabis flowers without anything more connected than knowing where the growshop was and trying out my incredibly broken, mostly forgotten highschool Spanish.

I was told it was *something* "once" (on-say.... 11) - which from my quick Seedfinder search I think was Skunk #11 (DP's feminised take on Skunk #1). I'm going with "Mofeta 11" as the given name even though I can't remember exactly what was said apart from it not being an English word.

The fun part is, without the silliness of the UK situation I feel no need at all to doubt that I was smoking exactly what I was sold. Oh for such enlightened times! :)

gallery_71375_4675_113764.jpg

...and trimmed of leaf...

gallery_71375_4675_86426.jpg

Now I got through far more than I would have back home, really tied one on a couple of times, and still had most of it left by the last day. Even that found a good and worthy home (free, of course) though - so all turned out very well. The only things that found their way to a bin were the cheap glass pipe I bought and the few crumbs of herb I kept in case I had a chance for a little mood altering before hitting the airport. Didn't have a chance in the end.

Thanks a million to De Fumar and Sky for the posts on here. Knowing I had options turned a good trip into a near-perfect one.

My only regret is that I'm probably going to have to find the money to go back there every winter now... and I find the sudden change in seasons from cold and wet to warm and sunny quite a shock to the system.

Wonderful trip - everyone should go to Spain or Las Canarias and see what things could be like here. I for one have found a new enthusiasm for pushing the issue. :)

The lucky lucky blokes can get you some good hash, or could years ago. They might even throw in a free hair braid lol

I remember when I went couldn't get rid of the fuckers

lol

Haha!

Didn't even think to try the Lucky Luckys - though there were a few around.

Not much of a hair-braid type, though I'm sure I could think of someone to give it to as a holiday-gift.

I've never has much trouble getting rid of Luckys - though I've never given off any impression other than being uninterested. "No, gracias." right off the bat always did the job for me.

nice one matey :skin_up: looks a slightly higher grade than the bit i got! lol theres no high like the one you get when you're miles from worries and cares basking in the sun :smoke:

Sky - anything would have done to be honest. Seeds or no seeds I would have been happy. (I'd probably have brought the seed home to add to the box anyway.)

It was really nice though. :)

I tended to smoke it after sunset but it certainly made for some pleasant evenings. Found a really nice, well priced restaurant and went sober. Loved it. Went back high a couple of days later and - well - I don't need to tell anyone on here about the flavour enhancing qualities of the herb. STUNNINGLY tasty!

• Like 2