Not for a couple of months?????

blessedherb

Heard on the radio earlier that the report was published today, and that MPS would debate on it for the next coupla months!!!

Somebody please tell me its not true.....

:dj:

hi blessedherb

How are you mate ok  :dj:

Could you please tell me was it local or natonail Radio ?

Thank you

Bongme

Hello mate,

it was radio 1, at 1130

bac to work now

hope you disprove what I heard!!

:dj:

hi mate

OK mate thank you

hope you disprove what I heard!!

I will have a dam good stab at it  :dj:

Bongme

:peace:

hi

I cannot find anything on the  bbc news factsheets ?

We will have to see ? if i have to hang on a couple of months so be it, all i know its this bloody year :dj:  :)

Bongme

:peace:

Don't get too anxious just yet folks. What are they debating, exactly? The thing is that the reclassification of a drug is not a change in the law and requires no debate, the Home Secretary can do it at the drop of a hat, so to speak. So, are they debating a broader drugs policy perhaps? For at the moment we have Dave saying he will re-classify following the report, which is now either published or just about to be.

I am confused, but reasonably optimistic.

Guest 123456

Well said AL - from my understanding simple re-class can be done quickly, with other reforms regarding changes concerning growing, social-supply, allowing premises to be used and matters concerning other drug measures would need discussion.

I maybe wrong, but that's how it has come across to me.

Bearing in Blair's claim of running 'joined-up' government, his promise to reduce street crime in 5 months (now only 4), and my belief the only way they can do that is by stopping arrests for cannabis - so I would assume this will happen very quickly, in order to be able to provide a '3-month period' of figures to show a reduction in street crime by end Sept!

:P

Id not heard it had been published already ?? according to Drugscope (one of the contributors) and other agencies it wont happen until tomorrow !! ?

Home Affairs Select Committee to report on Wednesday 22 May 2002

The Home Affairs Committee's conclusions on the Government's drugs policy will be published at 0001 on Wednesday 22 May (Third Report, "The Government's Drugs Policy: Is it Working?", HC 318).

The published Report may be purchased from the Stationery Office Bookshops (tel: 0845 702 3474; email: book.orders@theso.co.uk) and the Parliamentary Bookshop, 12 Bridge Street, Parliament Square, London SW1A 2JX (tel: 020 7219 3890). The Report will be available on the Internet from 1000 on Wednesday 22 May at

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmhaff.htm

:)  :peace:

Guest 123456
Id not heard it had been published already ?? according to Drugscope (one of the contributors) and other agencies it wont happen until tomorrow !! ?

Not published yet, but printed & being issued to the media today - press can use it for the morning papers (so on the streets of London, from about 10.30pm tonight), radio & TV can start reporting it after mid-night!

:)