`Cannabis  factory' raid

bongme

hi

18th of May 2002

i am just passing looking at some infomation on UK420 and i had this in my back pocket :(  :P

POLICE have seized up to 1,000 cannabis plants in what is believed to be the biggest haul ever in the north west.

It is thought that the "drugs factory" in a warehouse in Manchester Road West, Little Hulton, Salford, could have been running for up to a year.

Detectives in Bolton received a tip-off about the warehouse and another address in Westwood Avenue, Little Hulton, where a further 32 plants were found.

The factory was raided at 7am yesterday and five rooms were found in the basement filled with cannabis plants.

Insp Geoff Wessell said there were three rooms containing mature plants and a further two rooms with three sections of plants all in different stages of development, from seedlings upwards.

He said: "It could have been running for anything from a month to a year. It was a professional operation."

A 68-year-old man from Warrington has been arrested and taken to Eccles police station for questioning.

Bongme