Need a New Printer

Tony Montana

Hi good people of UK420,

So I need a new printer, I don't normally buy anything without first seeking the advice of everyone on here!

A4 is fine, be nice to print some nice pics but nothing to fancy, kids home work and most importantly it has to be Wireless so I can print from my Mac, Ipod and Ipad

Any suggestions?

Thanks

T, x

I've got a HP Photosmart wireless printer. Does great pics but uses loads of ink so I just get them done online now it's loads cheaper. It's a good printer and it was pretty cheap, easy to set up wireless and the software is easy to use. Got to be honest though Tony, a printer is just a printer to me and I only really use it for printing letters off so I'm not sure I can recommend it to you. :smokin:

• Like 1

Thanks Mr Bond

I'm not looking for anything to elaborate or expensive

Will take a look at the HP range

Cheers

T, x

• 3 years later...

hi guys...

just wondering if anyone can recomend a printer for photo's for £100-£150... i was gonna get the polaroid zip but then im stuck with pictures of a small size, im still toying with the idear..

its just ive got lots of pictures and memories on hard drives.. phones.. apps.. but still paranoid of losing pics of my daughter from weeks old to 5.. so would like to print all my faves..

just i have no idear and if anyone can recomend one, that would be awesome

cheers

hi guys...

just wondering if anyone can recomend a printer for photo's for £100-£150... i was gonna get the polaroid zip but then im stuck with pictures of a small size, im still toying with the idear..

its just ive got lots of pictures and memories on hard drives.. phones.. apps.. but still paranoid of losing pics of my daughter from weeks old to 5.. so would like to print all my faves..

just i have no idear and if anyone can recomend one, that would be awesome

cheers

At that price range they're all much of a muchness.

Have a look at the Epson Expression Premium XP-630 (£99) and above. They print decent enough pictures but the ink is relatively expensive.

• Like 1

just read some bad reviews... i think ill have to put my hand a little deeper and not be such a tight arse

That's the problem of buying at that price range.

Have you considered getting photo books made of your most precious pictures?

• Like 2

blimey never looked in to it... just had a quick look, i deffo want one made up, ill have to go through my pics.. cheers for the heads up on that!

ill still get a printer so i can make my own pictures when i want too.. ill just go pc world and see what happens

blimey never looked in to it... just had a quick look, i deffo want one made up, ill have to go through my pics.. cheers for the heads up on that!

ill still get a printer so i can make my own pictures when i want too.. ill just go pc world and see what happens

Canon make some good photo printers (edgeless printing up to A4) in the £100-£200 price range but make sure you pick one with separate colour ink cartridges not just a black one and a colour one as they're a lot less economical.

Was looking to replace our Canon recently and the Epson WF-5190DW caught my eye as a potential alternative as the inks are cheaper than Canon and it seems very highly regarded - good text and photo quality and pretty decent speed as well as the all-important ink costs. In the end though I was able to just replace a part on our Canon to keep it working so it became a moot point.

• Like 1

You can use a CISS,a continuous ink supply system.Basically a reservoir which holds a larger amount of black and/or coloured ink,which works out cheaper than buying the cartridges which come with printers as standard.EDIT: you need to print off a sheet every day,otherwise the ink will solidify.

Edited by ursus1000