Clean butane supplies in Amsterdam

doobie

Rather than waste a day wondering around the dam next month trying to get a can of decent butane (in case my lighter runs out) - can anyone suggest any decent grocery shop or otherwise that sell something like unilite, vector, collibri etc?

I'd heard that Blokker (general hardware/grocery type shops) sell Unilite but is there anywhere in central dam that anyone could suggest? I want to get something fairly clean (it's an expensive lighter) and obviously taking a can over on the plane hand-luggage is a non-starter.

peace

:smokin:

leave the good lighter at home & just buy a clipper :doh:

if you insist on going to the hassle of buying gas bear in mind when your wasted,you might loose it :headpain:

leave the good lighter at home & just buy a clipper :doh:

if you insist on going to the hassle of buying gas bear in mind when your wasted,you might loose it :headpain:

:headpain: you missed the point BC

Edited by cocojoe

i thought i was just stating the obvious :wink:

tho if it helps,theres a good tobaconist halfway down the damrak heading for dam square & its on the right hand side,you cant miss it,the windows are full of cigars & they sell gas/petrol, oh & avoid the tacky shops at the top of the damrak,theyre rip off merchants.

Ah ok - thanks man. I'll perhaps try that place on Damrak. On an unrelated note, is there anywhere likely to have a HoneyBee extractor in stock in the Dam?

peace

you could try BABA headshop on the warmoesstraat or the old indian headshops at 32 Kloveniersburgwal or 19 Oude Hoogstraat :smoke:

• Like 1

you could try BABA headshop on the warmoesstraat or the old indian headshops at 32 Kloveniersburgwal or 19 Oude Hoogstraat :smoke:

Thanks BC - i'm going to put them all in the map. I remember Old Indian from my very first dam trip in '92 (nearly 20 years ago to the day) - my mate getting the fear in there on account of their impressive array of bladed weaponry that they used to have the whole of upstairs dedicated to - most of which didn't really belong on the streets of Amsterdam or anywhere else for that matter... bongs and battle axes - not a great combo. :pitchfork:

Probably been to the dam maybe 12 or so times in the last 20 years and sadly I can see it possibly coming to an end soon, certainly it's been clamped down on heavily since the mid 90's when the menus at most coffeeshops consited of a large photo album book crammed with 10 oz of all the weed and hash they had and everything was a lot more free and easy.

Anyway just in case this is the last trip I wanted to go out in style and want to make sure I have all the necessary tools and materials at my disposal as soon as I get there.

What I've found is if I don't plan all the difficult stuff before I get there, where to go what to get, complete with addresss and a map, then it all goes out the window within an hour of getting there and the next thing I know I'm at Schipol waiting to board the return flight :spliff:

BTW - if anyone comes across any Headband in the next few weeks then drop us a line and let me know where and we'll add it to the list for the (maybe) final trip - 20 years of amsterdamage.

peace

who are ye, Mark Knopler or John Mcenroe :guitar:

:rofl: know what your saying about amsterdam,1st visit in july 1995 at 10Am,

pissin in a canal by 10 pm & absolutely guttered :alien2:

visited the place about 10 times too & doubt il be back tho

who are ye, Mark Knopler or John Mcenroe

More of a Bjorn Borg meets Hendrix.

gallery_2405_4753_62231.png

That first trip was for 10 days (camping in Gassperplass), and I swear this is the truth, I didn't take a dump for 7 days but when I finally did it was business as usual, nothing to see here. Inexplicable. :ohmygod:

Really looking forward to this next month - and for once maybe it won't be fu**ing raining and/or snowing there.

Edited by doobie

• 3 weeks later...

HoneyBee extractor? If you are thinking of making concentrates over there, just hit up the Bluebird coffeeshop. I had a friend who was in there 4 weeks ago and they had oils on the menu, everything from oxygen extracted hash to amber glass.

• 4 weeks later...

And so it is done.

Picked up a honey bee extractor from Old Indian and some butane (was tricky to get - first can of unilite was from a mobile phone shop..)

After seeking some cheap herb i wondered into Greenhouse on Warmoestraat and they were doing a 'shake special' - 4g of decent shake for 20euros, 5euros a gram. Bargain and recommended if your're looking to do somethjign similar. 'An exchellent budget shmoke' as the budtender told me, little did he know... :naughty:

20g of shake into about 2g of BHO - 130 euros including the extractor and butane. :hi:

gallery_2405_4753_16495.jpg

It went quite dark after I had heated it it gently in a spoon - it was sticky as hell so had to keep it frozen - a bit tricky considering it was pushing 30C outside.

Aside from that, 20 years of damage and nothing changes really except the weather - it was beautiful last week which makes a big change for the better - it's always cold/windy/rainy/snowy when i go usually it seems.

Good shmokes? Well the BHO for sure! Casey Jones and the stunning Headband both excellent from Grey Area right now. We stayed right next to Paradox in Jordaan and what a great place - recommended if you just want somewhere nice to go.

Edited by doobie