Apathy?

Monkey23

I am very apathetic. I dontcarefor anything apart from my basic needs and my art. Pensions ? bills ? life etc.... i just dont get it? i dont understand the term 'rat race' ?

I am not trying to be a hippy or sound cool. im serious.

Peace

Can't be bothered to read this.

[in answer to OP I think you have your life values right, do what please you.]

Edited by Hir

Guest grandad

same here mate, death politics religion, nothing touches me. but not grieving is no bad thing for sure.

I am very apathetic. I dontcarefor anything apart from my basic needs and my art. Pensions ? bills ? life etc.... i just dont get it? i dont understand the term 'rat race' ?

Peace

I hate that feeling that I should care about stuff because everyone else seems to. I'm increasingly ambivalent as I get older.

[in answer to OP I think you have your life values right, do what please you.]

:yep:

Sounds to me like you've got it pretty much spot on ;)

Guest grandad

i always thought its was his upbringing and ww2 that made my dad apathetic, maybe life does it to us, maybe its genetics.

Peace

I hate that feeling that I should care about stuff because everyone else seems to. I'm increasingly ambivalent as I get older.

I`m apathetically ambivalent lol

E2a, Or should that be the other way around? :unsure:

Edited by ratdog

Further to my previous post, I think there's a difference between apathy and just not caring for shit that doesn't matter to you. If nothing at all matters to you, then you should probably worry about being apathetic. But you mention your basic needs and your art, which obviously do matter. So you care about things that are important to you and don't care about things that aren't - that's not apathy, that's just knowing what's important to you and not wasting effort caring about the unimportant stuff. That's a pretty good way to live your life :)

Edited by Boojum

I`m apathetically ambivalent lol

Very OT, but I love the word 'ambivalence". Lots of people think it means not caring either way, but it actually means caring about both sides of a view equally. Ambi-valence = Both-strong/equal strength.

• Like 2

thanks for your input. itsdefinatly worse the older i get...

You get to realise that there is fuck all you can do about injustices so just live your life to the full and don't feel guilty. If need actually crosses your path help but otherwise don't fuck others around and try to enjoy your own life. :guitar:

• Like 1

Guest grandad

i'm near 67 and find its no worse, you just think about things now we are older where we used to take them for granted. i was 7 then 10 then 19 years old when uncle and 2 grandads died, 29 when my gran died, l lived with here for 10 years when i was a kid, friends died then mum my dad and brother, i get upset for a couple of days but no grieving. i never had no ambitions. i still need work, i have no pensions and lots of debt, i think i care about things. but its not a matter of caring, its feelings, not feeling about anything is what i see as apathy. what you never had you wont ever miss.

My Daughter, My partner (soon to be wife :guitar: ), My Drumming, My Plants, My family and closest friends..... These are the things that affect me physically and mentally. Everything else (although still reaching me on a very basic emotional level) can go on or not go on