Virgin Greenhouse

audioaddict

I've just been sitting here having a bit of a youtube trawl, and started going through Urban Growers TY festival videos when I happened across this one where he interviews the self proclaimed "King of Cannabis" Arjan Roskam.

Now, Arjan basically does his usual self promotion/huge ego bit, the point of the video I suppose, then Remo asks him about what is going down in the Netherlands at the moment with regards to the Cannabis Cup, Wietpass and the crackdown by the government.

Some of what he says is actually not so bad, that is until he mentions that he has teamed up with Richard Branson, Madelaine Albright, Kofi Annan and various South American leaders to try and pressure western governments into legalisation.

This all sounds well scarey to me, I knew this guy was a corporate businessman, but didn't realise his connections where so big.

My post really is just to put this, possibly new information out there, and get peoples views on whether this is a good thing or does this instill the same kind of fear into you as it did me?

When I first heard that Richard Branson had started being outspoken about the issue, my first instinct was that it seems something will happen over the coming years but, it probably won't be too positive for us growers and the like... now seeing that Arjan is getting involved just makes me fear the worst kind of corporatist nightmare.

Sorry if this is old news, but I just got jolted into making a post!

• Like 1

Some of what he says is actually not so bad, that is until he mentions that he has teamed up with Richard Branson, Madelaine Albright, Kofi Annan and various South American leaders to try and pressure western governments into legalisation.

This all sounds well scarey to me, I knew this guy was a corporate businessman, but didn't realise his connections where so big.

My post really is just to put this, possibly new information out there, and get peoples views on whether this is a good thing or does this instill the same kind of fear into you as it did me?

When I first heard that Richard Branson had started being outspoken about the issue, my first instinct was that it seems something will happen over the coming years but, it probably won't be too positive for us growers and the like... now seeing that Arjan is getting involved just makes me fear the worst kind of corporatist nightmare.

he's just saying that he did an interview with Richard Branson

and that he is helping out in the 'fight for legalisation'

Richard Branson and Kofi Annan are part of the Global Commission on Drug Policy

not sure how Madelaine Albright got into this - she was US Secretary of State under Clinton...

not sure how Madelaine Albright got into this - she was US Secretary of State under Clinton...

Exactly!

Now that I have looked into this a little further, I realise that I mistook what he meant, plus Arjan is overstating his position a little (what a surprise), and all that has actually happened is he asked Richard Branson a question during an award ceremony or something.

Phew!

For a minute there I had another post apocalyptic vision of Virgin weed, with Arjan and Franco as the brand image, being retailed exclusively through Tescos. :blub:

(Does anyone else think that Richard Branson is Tony Blair in disguise? They sound identical)

Edited by audioaddict
  • Like 1

Arjan is overstating his position a little

that's a very polite and diplomatic way to put it

haha

i hope arsejan and co don't do an epic fail and fuck it up for everyone else somehow

this topic should almost be moved/spliteded into the conspiricy theory forum lol

this topic should almost be moved/spliteded into the conspiricy theory forum lol

Yeah, apologies for the scaremongering :bag: