Harlem

mellowyellow420

Im planning on a 3 day trip around the start of October, I will be staying in Amsterdam(unless anyone knows of a cheap smoke friendly hotel in Harlem) but Im planning on going to Harlem for the day. Can anyone recommened any Coffeeshops in Harlem that are know for good quality hash? If anyone has been recently, how do the prices in Harlem compare to the prices in Amsterdam? I was there 8/9 years ago, I remember picking up some skuff that was a 3rd of the price compared to Amsterdam! Im hoping its still roughly the same!

Mellow

Have not been to Haarlem in three years and i can't remember the names of the coffeeshops except for the popular one-Willy wortels . Ithink a carrot is the branding on the sign ,or a rabbit ,or a rabbit with a carrot ! Can't remember but they give you a unique deal .

If you buy to the value of 50 euro you can avail of a 20% discount or 25% worth of more weed or hash ..Something like that anyway .

Yeah , it's cheaper but everywhere's cheaper than Amsterdam . Generally, cannabis is better ,and better value everywhere outside Amstrerdam.

:skin_up:

• Like 1

Willie Wortels have three outlets.....Indica, Sensimelia and Sativa.

I think there are apartments/rooms connected to the Indica.....check out hxxp://www.hempcity.net

The only other coffeeshop I've tried in Haarlem is the Theehuis, but there are 5 or 6 others too.

• Like 2

Cheers folks! I was there years ago, I remember being in one of Willie Wortels, it had seats taken from a tram/train I think?! It was close to the train station.Went to a couple of other coffeeshops until I made the mistake of buying some hash called 'millemiun' (thinking about it now it must have been around 2000 I was there, Im getting old) cant remember the name of the CS, the bud tender did warn me it was heavy going! Being the ripe age of 21 I obiously didnt listen,packed a j,went chalky about half way through it, had to leave the CS as I was under pressure, I then proceeded to stumble around Harlem for a good while before I got my act together and made my way sheepishly to the train station! I will have a look at the apartments, I was planning on staying at the bulldog hostel, 87 euro for 2 nights in a private room isnt bad but I wouldnt mind spending a little more if there was something nicer.

Cheers

Mellow

Just checked for rooms at Wille Wortels, according to his website the city made them close the rooms they were renting?

After having a look about at the hotels in Haarlem(just realised I had spelled it wrong earlier) decided on the old faithful Bulldog, its a good price and another mate may be going and they are cool changing the booking too add a third body if he gets permission too go.

I will most definatley be taking a trip to Haarlem, I had a look at the website that shows coffee shop menus, apparently Birdys CS sell very very good quality isolator and jelly hash at 25 euro a g!! Has anyone on here tried any of them?! And anyone have a recent smoke report from Haarlem or Amsterdam?

Cheers

Mellow

Edited by mellowyellow420

• 1 month later...

Not been to haarlem for a few years,used to stay above indica and sativa. Birdy is cool but my fave is Empire.run by the Dutch H.A. try the crystal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hello, u will enjoy ur day. There r plenty of coffee shops, I normally stay in Haarlem n visit the Dam 4 day trips. Go visit 'Coffeeshop High Times' street name Lange Veerstraat 47 Haarlem. My fav it's got Amnesia Haze which I love, good prices and good music. Am goin in november, last trip B4 the resident ban :blub:

Birdy for me, on Schottersweg.

Hash isn't their speciality, but I like the place & have had some really super hash there in the past.

"dutch afghan" was probably my fav, kept in the fridge to stop it melting.

Empire is more lively, but I don't like their hash personally.