Cannabis Cups or Other smokers Holiday

MrSparkles

Hi Guys,

I've been planning to go to the Cannabis Cup this year in November but the more I read about the less attractive it seems. I have been December 2011 and Jan 2012..

Prices are high that is for sure, especially considering the bud they sell whilst very nice hasnt been cured or anything (Never frosty).

We were going to get judges passes and go for the week but I hear you have to buy your own of every strain.. So 4 categories with 24 strains in each and the average gram costing 25 euros (If your lucky) - Thats €2,400 just to be a judge for fuck sake..

Can anyone spread some light on this.. Dont get me wrong I know I also wont smoke 96 grams in 4 days. I think the last time I went I was smoking 10 grams a day and I got battered..

Is it actually any good during the Cup or as I have heard is it all a load of crap aimed at people who dont really smoke?

Is there anywhere you guys recomend going for a smokers holiday?? Like some resort knowone w=knows about with the best cured off buds around lol..

I know there is a Cup in SPain but I cant find any info on it?

Cheers Guys,

Sparkles,

There are loads of cups in Spain but they are mostly attached to big expo's like Spannabis so the weed entered is for judges only.

No coffee shops over here to sample any cup entries from.

You have to bring your own weed to the Spanish events as its not legal to buy or sell weed over here.

Not what i would call a pot holiday unless you have friends out here that grow.

tbh, i love amsterdam, dont know if its the people or the enviroment or the fact you can buy & smoke weed openly

but the quality of whats available has been getting worse over the years & then they have the cheek to charge you through the nose for it.

its even worse when the yanks are in town for the cannabis cup :wassnnme:

i'm more inclined these days to visit spain, esp Spainabis in Barcelona :wassnnme:

Grow you're own and go off camping with a couple of fishing rods and you will have a better time smoking you're own premium cannabis without the bullshit of paying through the nose for shitty smoke in NL.

Fuck my mates take their own over because the smoke is so bad nowadays and the rest of us save our cash and have our own Cannabis cup next to a Hill Loch teaming with wild broonies.A fraction of the price and whole lot more fun and the smoke is much much better. :skin_up:

E2A: Im batterd on Nordle Oil. :smokin:

Edited by double 00
  • Like 2

Get in touch with Nol van Schiak of Willie Wortels Haarlem.....he has a place over in Spain that looks like it would be an interesting place to spend a week or so.

High MrSparkles, I've been in the Dam for the Dutch Cup (2010/11) and found it more worth while to stay in the Dam, which you can do anytime. I've also stayed at Willies in Haarlem, much better and well worth it, just get yourself there before they bring in the 'Wietpass' :oldtoker:

hXXp://www.hempcity.net/intro.html :smokin:

hXXp://www.hempcity.net/blog/ :stoned:

E2A: these are Willies sites :skin_up:

Edited by Bhang Buddie

For 2400 Euro, you could go to any traditional producing region on the planet for at least 2 weeks including flights.

Morocco would be the closest and cheapest overall, considering flight costs, but you could easily go to India, Nepal, or Thailand/Laos/Cambodia if you fancied going long haul.

You'd get a flight to Thailand, all your accomodation, food, drink and smoke for two weeks (not package, independently) for £1500 odd easy-probably less if you go to Cambodia/Laos, and even less if you go to India/Nepal.

I'd rather spend a couple of g's visiting Asia/North Africa than in overpriced Amsterdam personally, much more bang for your buck.

Edited by MekongBlues
  • Like 1