David Cameron vows to tackle binge drinking 'scandal'

namkha

As of today it is now imperative that everyone with a brain does exactly what the fuck they like, civil society as we know it has ceased to exist, it is each man for his or her self!

'banning two for one deals' what the fuck THERE IS A WAR ON YOU TWATS AMONGST OTHER THINGS

I'm not really into blowing things up, but there are limits, guess I will have to smoke my spliff and my home brew and have a right old fucking laugh, though it will be a hollow laugh

Only my opinion but i think this will just hit the pubs harder,If you only have a limited amount of money to get drunk and your pre-going out drink is costing you more you are going to have less to spend in the pub.

Who gets the extra cash if they put a can of cider up from 87p to £1.60 who gets that cash,Is that extra 70p odd a tax?.

As far as I can see, it's simply a minimum *price*. Not a tax. So the extra money would go to the retailer (and don't forget, they retailers have been fighting this all the way). Also, as far as I know, it's only off-sales that have been mentioned, which is basically the big supermarkets.

The real problem is it will be almost impossible to actually enforce. If there's one thing the British have shown over the years, from sulking at Norman overlords, to pissing off Tory governments, it's they are *very* creative at getting round laws.

For example: if this idea actually gets of the ground, how long before we see Tescos selling crates of beer, or boxes of wine, with offers "£5 off if you buy £100 of groceries". So the wine "before discount" is priced at the minimum price per unit. But what's the situation "after discount" ?

And so on.

All I can say, is whatever happened to the notion that the conservatives were a party of personal choice, and small government ?

I don't look at the price of beer any more, but I'm sure Stella was 60-70p a can in 1994, or 10 for £5 in Tescos, and Carling around 45-50p a can. Hasn't gone up much in the supermarkets over the last 18 years, has it? I think beer was £1.60 a pint in the pub at the time.