My Life Model Shots.

tinder

Hi guys. As mentioned in an earlier thread I was asked by an ex who owns a salon in my town if I would like to take some shots of models for her...don't really have the neccessary equipment and had no experience of this type of work but thought I'd give it a go. All the shots were taken with a nikon D70, mostly using natural light with a few taken using the cameras built in speedlight...hope you like em as much as i enjoyed taking them B)

laura8-copy.jpg

laurachains-copy.jpg

DSC_0017-copy.jpg

laura2-copy.jpg

laura6-copy.jpg

laura3-copy.jpg

lauraupsidedownandlookingoo.jpg

laurareclinedblackandwhite-.jpg

Work the white balance, mate. The first two would have been awsome had the white balance been a bit more on the cold or warm side (dreamy qualities).

If you wanna talk photography feel free to drop me a line via PM. :yep:

Nice pics all the same, her brows do kind of trip me out though! :unsure:

Work the white balance, mate. The first two would have been awsome had the white balance been a bit more on the cold or warm side (dreamy qualities).

If you wanna talk photography feel free to drop me a line via PM. :unsure:

Nice pics all the same, her brows do kind of trip me out though! :stoned:

Thnaks for the tips mate...done a bit of tweaking with the raw file and chose a different white balance....not sure if this was the effect you were looking for but to my eyes it certainly seems better.

laurachains2-copy.jpg

laurachains3-copy.jpg

Edited by tinder

Proper good mate. Bit of an amature photographer myself, in the most AMATURE sense of the word! :unsure:

Like the shots, especially the black and whitey. Pretty model too. :wassnnme:

Thnaks for the tips mate...done a bit of tweaking with the raw file and chose a different white balance....not sure if this was the effect you were looking for but to my eyes it certainly seems better.

laurachains2-copy.jpg

laurachains3-copy.jpg

Yeah it's a dream-like quality that never fails to make a nicely framed image pop out more. Nice work. :wub:

To the dude asking about nips...it's the first image on the roof in white. Nothin' wrong with nip shots... :guitar:

Great photos m8, very proffesional :blub:

Keep up the good work !!

Giz

Thnaks for the kind words guys...here's another few...monochrome this time.

laurareclinedblackandwhite-.jpg

laurachainsblackandwhite-co.jpg

lauradoorwayblackandwhite.jpg

Looks like some work may be needed on the B&W exposures, you're losing detail in the dark areas.

Look at getting a 5% shading in the white areas & about 90 in the darker spots.

If these ever go to print, then that would allow for dot squash in the print process.

(this IS something I know about!)

dikki

Looks like some work may be needed on the B&W exposures, you're losing detail in the dark areas.

Look at getting a 5% shading in the white areas & about 90 in the darker spots.

If these ever go to print, then that would allow for dot squash in the print process.

(this IS something I know about!)

dikki

I appreciate the tips but the shots were taken with the hair being the main feature...hence why I've deliberately darkened the dress etc after desaturating in photoshop...the actual shots were correctly exposed, with the dress showing lots of detail....what line of work are you actually in?