Where to go - driving day trip

doobie

Best CS destination from Calais  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a tough call, Amstel is too far to drive this time round.

Eindhoven is OK and there are a few decent places there but I've not been elsewhere outside the Dam.

1) Zeeland - much closer to Calais but doesn't look too appealing from what I can see.

2) Nord Brabant - I know Eindhoven is alright with some decent CS, Breda and Tilburg both look OK too.

Any thoughts - it's a bit of a drive whichever but I'd like to make the most of the trip.

ta

:spliff:

Edited by doobie

st etienne :yep:

cracking band back in the day, that sarah cracknell was luvverly, but I think the OP is looking for somewhere in the netherlands :wink:.

st etienne :yep:

cracking band back in the day, that sarah cracknell was luvverly, but I think the OP is looking for somewhere in the netherlands :wink:.

I love this version, I used to listen to it a lot in the early 90's :yep:

(Me name's Thicky remember :wacko: ) :D

Edited by Thicky

All done.

Eindhoven is nicer than I remember, at least in the centre.

Pink and Grasshopper are recommended, we didn't end up having time to go elsewhere this time round.

Grasshopper - busy but no problem getting a table. Friendly staff although the guy manning the door seemed very concerned with emtying our ashtray every two minutes - I am assuming he was thinking that an hour there was long enough for us? Amnesia, Santa Maria and twisla all top notch. Music was variable but generally a bit crap.

Pink - my first time here, really liked it. very spacious although again very busy. More comfy and welcoming with better tunes. The Silver Haze left everyone speechless, for quite a few hours.... :smokin:

Lots of places to eat and bars etc so do make time to try it out some time. 2.5/3 hour drive from calais - we hit traffic on the way at Antwerp but coming back was super fast at about two and a quarter hours.

French customs at the tunnel were very interested in our Eindhoven "day trip", zut alors! Luckily we ejected various bits of paraphanalia through the car window just before hitting check-in - pipes clinking across the road with baggies blowing in the wind as we pulled up to them - my mate furiously spraying air freshner all over us which was so strong that it made the customs guy cough when he stuck his head in the window.

Customs: "You 'ave Cannabis yes?"

Us: "We had some, and very nice it was too - but we don't have any now"

30 minutes later, after taking the car apart in one of their little huts, they had come to the conclusion that we were telling the truth - I'll leave it for you to decide whether we were or not... :smug:

Edited by doobie