Tree of Patience

Arbuscule

This catchy phrase struck me particularly after spending a few days immersed (head held down by a stubborn nature) in whirling dervishes and sounds llike this.

Why in this forum rather than, say, entertainment, :rofl:

Cos the dervishes at least whirl their consciousness, spinning and centring :smokin:

Well I can't whirl like a dervish let alone like the famous whirling dervishes of Istanbul and Aleppo :< :nea:

For me listening to music and reading are probs as near as I get to 'spirituality' (whatever that is). Maybee it's wider than that, maybe I get 'spiritual' glimpses from life, from just being alive.

So wtf is 'spiritual' there ? Couldn't I just say 'life', without mentioning the redundant category of 'spiritual' ?

Yeah I guess I could, but maybe that'd be robbing myself of whole dimensions of experience, experiences of calm and of elation like it looks to me like the dancers faces have here :smokin:

Soz, this's probs a nothing thread, doomed to fizzle out almost before it's born, poor thing :<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEPZxf3l8hI&feature=related

• Like 1

:cheers: Bhang Buddy mate :yes:

this's another one I found tonight. Like loads of Sufi stuff it comes across wierdly like Bhuddism for Islam. I guess spirituality isn't bound by creeds or names. If anything I think 'spirituality' iS hardcore :punk:

I see Jesus and Bhudda dancing with the Sufi crew :band:

e2do S

Edited by Arbuscule

Thank you for this thread, you've sent me off on another musical journey into the realms of the internet. Very similar to what an old neighbour had seeping out of his backdoor when we'd pass joints over the wall, I always thought it was pakistani music ? but I'm always fond of learning so thanks again guys :eat:

• 1 year later...