Sea Angling

Pepe Ramon

had 4 bass this morning..kept the smallest one,released the others.

they were 2at 7lb and one 81/2..this one just under 5lb

post-12930-0-45262900-1321108001_thumb.jpg

Nice looking fish iky.

thats my next target sea fishing ...... a bass !!!!

pretty new to sea fishing to be honest ..started sea fishing a few years back when i hooked up with a few old members from here they shown me the ropes so to speak and we got wasted of course !!

use my carp rods myself 3-5 lbs big casting rods along with my big pit reels loaded with braid .....

now my years fishing consists of carp in the spring, summer, autumn .. sea fishing in the winter

live close to liverpool... so been fishing the river mersey at liverpool ...

peppi

Edited by Peppi

I must get back in to sea fishing use to love it, unfortunately my brother has all my equipment, garcia mitchell mutlplier, I even had a custom made beech caster with fuji rings, he's a git. use to do New Brighton.

• 4 weeks later...

love my fishing to mate!! wish i lived by the sea!! of to scotland where im from and fish when the chance comes!! sister just bought a house on the side of a loch on the east coast of scotland so taking a wee telascopic see if a can git a few pike maby on lures and spoons!! love all fishing ! sea river game ! fly fish to and what a fight you get of the bass on a 8 weight fly rod !! love light takle and notin better than see a preditor come and smash your lure of the top ay bro!!! tight lines amn and ill report back after scotland christmas !!! peace!! :smokin:

• 9 months later...

Had my first crack at the cod last Tuseday evening. Me and my mate fished a local beach but the sea was very rough, I was struggling to hold bottom with a 5oz breakaway as a result we both blanked.

• 2 months later...

fishing the north wales coast has been some of the funniest, craziest adventures you could imagine. we tend to rock fish with carp rods. cannot beat a run from a mullet on lighter tackle, although smoking on a near vertical rock, not always condusive to personal safety, and we how know how funny someone else hurting themselves is.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

fishing the north wales coast has been some of the funniest, craziest adventures you could imagine. we tend to rock fish with carp rods. cannot beat a run from a mullet on lighter tackle, although smoking on a near vertical rock, not always condusive to personal safety, and we how know how funny someone else hurting themselves is.

you horse bothering fraggle :nenenenene: i just found this post i will have you know im ahead in the laughing at fall's trip's and injuries list i just hold the record for bleeding more and turning white without the aid of any weed :smokin:

• Like 1

no one falls more spectacularly or as regular as me, I can even fall over on the rocks on a flat beach, lol. and we'll call it a draw at being held up at gun point, :smokin:

Edited by mad elf

• 1 month later...

will be dipping a line for the first time since last summer, will be trudging down one of the countries premier beaches, bet we're the only ones willing to make that treck :guitar: hopefully some bass about, and if we real lucky a smoothie may put in an appearance :smokin:

Less than two weeks to go and I'll be fishing for a week off the Pembrokeshire coast,I can't wait! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well what a coincidence that is, I've worked on my friends boat every now and then since I was a wee nipper. Do you fish off the coast or deep sea Captain bonglington ? I'd recommend a few places if you're going rod fishing off rocks/beaches. I caught some nice black sea bream and a little cuckoo wrasse off the rocks on the left of Manorbier the other week and I hear some tenby local caught a monster bass off the right of fresh water east this week.

I would like to say that I'm stoked there are some fishers on this site, it's a top site to have other job/hobby discussion threads on it. Tony

• Like 1

We're off on saturday Big Wave,I've only been to this spot once before,my friend goes every year.Usually it's just feather stuff for Mackerel,but last year he tried lure fishing for Bass,he had one but that was it,so this year we're going to have a proper go.Armed to the teeth with lures,Yo-Zuri's,Rapala's,Maria's,softbaits,mainly sandeel imitations and just about anything else you can stuff in a lure bag.We've got a little rib to mooch round the rocks and coves in which is plan A,but I reckon the weather might well put paid to that next week so we'll be shore fishing if that's the case,either baitfishing static or waders on and roving for bass.We'll be between Fishguard and Newport Beach generally,usually shore fishing with bait just results in being battered by Dogfish,so any tips or marks you could suggest to avoid those would be most appreciated mate! :yep: