Post Rock

Cursed

Hey @Cursed thanks for linking this thread, I love music that takes you on a journey and as a guitar player have had much influence by free spirits over the years. Here's a couple for you mate while I'm jamming with the vape.

Dude, red sparrows, nice. I think there's a lot for me to sink my teeth into on this thread. Thanks for all the links. 

Please take a look at these guys if you haven't yet. I think it's up your street but i might be wrong. 

Edited by Ned Flanders

12 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Hey @CursedHere's a couple for you mate while I'm jamming with the vape.

Satch is the man!! . I grew up learning to play inder the shadow of crystal planet. RJDV is still my favourite track. 

Vape and play tonight dude. Think I'll break out the ibanez and some mesa models. 

:punk:

:guitar:

I must insist you check the album "shape of colour" by Intervals. Brilliant stuff. 

Here... 

Sorry, long post 

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Like 1

you've done it now guys lol so many recommendations

i'm super busy today so i'll try and reply to everyone properly later or tomorrow ( @Gimps @Exhale

@SYZYGY

I adore both boren and the necks. Boren have one of my favourite album covers of all time, its like their trolling people "go on, i dare you, listen to this album that your brain has convinced you will be shit based on appearance alone" lol

• Like 3

Nice one @Ned Flanders thanks for the intervals links.

I've 10 axes on the wall, including 2 Ibanez, I used to have 4 but then I've bought 2 very special ESP's so they had to make way.

Not one of my axes sing the same tune. Though I've been glued to the Artcore lately playing blues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cursed said:

I adore both boren and the necks

You have wonderful taste. I was gutted to have missed Bohren in the UK last year :( 

And yeah, I've always loved that album cover. I've never quite been able to work out the expression on his face, but I think you're probably close lol 

• Like 2

Just now, SYZYGY said:

I was gutted to have missed Bohren in the UK last year :(

:ohmygod:

man i am now also gutted, i had no idea. i've missed the necks several times since i discovered them. their playing cafe oto soon i think. i cant afford it unfortunately :(

I will recommend everyone some shit shortly, might even put a mix tape together ;)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cursed said:

their playing cafe oto soon i think

King's Place in June. Sold out already :fart: a familiar tune as I don't actively check when my favourite bands are on tour. 

Looking forward to some of your recommendations, and... a mixtape? :naughty:

Here's one more cause I just can't help myself...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@SYZYGY

I haven't forgotten about this conversation bud.

Things got a bit crazy (wife had pneumonia, friend died, corona virus) for a while not long after we talked about this stuff.

So i thought i'd just chuck something at you that i thought you might like. THis is a song by Oren Ambarchi, he's a bit of a ''Noise'' dude rather than a jazz dude but he comes form a free jazz background. He's a drummer but shifted to guitar. He abstracts the guitar signal and makes sounds, noises and compositions with odd textures. The top video is like a minimal version of The Necks with layered sine wave guitar tones (lots of sub bass, listen on good speakers, it'll rattle everything lol)  into a mellow laid back jazz groove. I also recommend corkscrew from the same album (grapes on the estate), it's minimal but enjoyable if you get baked and just immerse.

The bottom video is a live vid. I was at this gig in cafe oto, it was great. he curated a weekend festival for his birthday with lots of great jazz and avant garde musicians. This was the closing piece they all played together. Give the albums hubris and quixotism a listen. Brilliant imho.

Hope you enjoy, i'll see if i can think of anything else :yep:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

proper lose yourself soundtrack to your own film kind of music. I used to love getting high as fuck to stuff like this and losing myself for an hour.

especially Gregor Sansa above. Stick it on and stare out at the rain