July 2011

Riserto

Hey guys !

I'm starting my European tour this very 12th of July and i'm happy to announce that I'll be visiting Amsterdam on the way. I'll be staying around 3 nights at a small hostel close to Amsterdam Centraal ... I've been reading a lot of threads but personally I would like a 'fresh' and new reply 'ere.

My questions are easy :

1. Where to find the best sativa mind blows ?

2. if possible (Read this thread by Bongme and it has diminished my hopes : http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=18896) some imported hash (would love to try those Nepalese or indian even) . I live in Spain so hash is quite popular and (extremely) common ... though soap bars and shit have conquered the streets.

3. Finally, where could I find the best space cakes? :)

Thanks for your time guys . I will be taking a small ninja picture and report back 'bout these coffee shops.

With love

Riserto......

My research has been quite successful ... even though some fresh opinions / comments / info are thankful !

From what i've read (in the forum, and internet search) ... I think i'll end up visiting the following coffee shops during my visit :

1.Speakeasy

2.Blues Brothers

3.The Grasshopper

4.Kadinsky

5.Greenhouse

Can't wait .... 14th of july...<3 *drools*

1) Try Hunters on the Warmoesstraat, ask for their Amnesia Haze, failing that try Amnesia coffeeshop on the Herengracht and ask for the same stuff. Mexican Haze from de Dampkring is a good sativa smoke as is NL5 x Haze from De Rokerij on the Singel. If you see any Super Silver Haze, try that also.

2) For imported hash try the Riffman's selection on the menu of De Dampkring for some clean top grade Moroccan, you may also be able to find decent Asian hash at De dampkring, avoid the cheap Afghani as it is crap and people trying to sell you cheap Afghani masquerading as better quality Asian hash. Anyday coffeeshop on Spuistraat / Korte Korsjespoortsteeg also has a good hash menu and verdamper vapourisers to boot. Kashmir Lounge might have something interesting on the hash front.

3) Best space cake? Don't know, but they tend to make them quite weak for tourists. Last time I was there I bought one from De Dampkring and didn't feel much so I necked a gram or so of jelly hash that I was trying to get rid of, that done the job.

Have a good one

:smoke:

• Like 1

My research has been quite successful ... even though some fresh opinions / comments / info are thankful !

From what i've read (in the forum, and internet search) ... I think i'll end up visiting the following coffee shops during my visit :

1.Speakeasy

2.Blues Brothers

3.The Grasshopper

4.Kadinsky

5.Greenhouse

Personally, I wouldn't go to any of those

1) Try Hunters on the Warmoesstraat, ask for their Amnesia Haze, failing that try Amnesia coffeeshop on the Herengracht and ask for the same stuff. Mexican Haze from de Dampkring is a good sativa smoke as is NL5 x Haze from De Rokerij on the Singel. If you see any Super Silver Haze, try that also.

2) For imported hash try the Riffman's selection on the menu of De Dampkring for some clean top grade Moroccan, you may also be able to find decent Asian hash at De dampkring, avoid the cheap Afghani as it is crap and people trying to sell you cheap Afghani masquerading as better quality Asian hash. Anyday coffeeshop on Spuistraat / Korte Korsjespoortsteeg also has a good hash menu and verdamper vapourisers to boot. Kashmir Lounge might have something interesting on the hash front.

3) Best space cake? Don't know, but they tend to make them quite weak for tourists. Last time I was there I bought one from De Dampkring and didn't feel much so I necked a gram or so of jelly hash that I was trying to get rid of, that done the job.

Have a good one

:smoke:

Thanks a lot . I will follow your advice rather my research (points below) ... i think i've picked too many touristically 'infested' shops ... that's why i wanted a more direct and personal review. I will drop down my list (have it as an emergency) ... will still look around but those ones just sound so juicy.

Peace friend,

Riserto.....

1.Speakeasy

2.Blues Brothers

3.The Grasshopper

4.Kadinsky

5.Greenhouse

How comes? I'm not looking for a coffee shop filled with tourists (but i doubt i'll find one, and i'm a tourist myself) ... I just want great bud and a good place ... if not the place , at least the bud.

Thanks for your reply (i'll have a peek before deciding if to enter or not)

Riserto...

1.Speakeasy

2.Blues Brothers

3.The Grasshopper

4.Kadinsky

5.Greenhouse

How comes? I'm not looking for a coffee shop filled with tourists (but i doubt i'll find one, and i'm a tourist myself) ... I just want great bud and a good place ... if not the place , at least the bud.

Thanks for your reply (i'll have a peek before deciding if to enter or not)

Riserto...

1.Speakeasy

2.Blues Brothers

3.The Grasshopper

4.Kadinsky

5.Greenhouse

Kadinsky's meant to be alright, but I wouldn't bother with the rest.

My faves are Dampkring/Tweede Kamer, De Kuil/Cafe420, Basjoe and Het Ballonetje (although not used that last for a while as it's out of the centre and I've not stayed over that way recently).

Bluebird's a great place for a smoke, just off the back of nieumarkt (sp)

Make sure you ask for the books rather than just reading off the laminated menu

Book of the gods & Book of Dreams iirc

I find the big tall 'dealer' a bit intimidating, until you speak to him. If he's feeling friendly you'll get a free packet of skins

thank guys .... i'll be arriving the 14th there... soon I'll be reporting back

thanks a lot

peace

riserto....

Id recommened Katsu(its a bit of a trek from the center) for a good selection of weed, close by is a v small coffee shop called Yo-Yo(anytime Ive been in here its been full of locals which is never a bad sign)it serves the best apple pie Ive ever had!! Saying that most food tastes great in the Dam! Yo-Yo had organic local hash last time i paid a visit for a very reasonable price. Last time I was there Dampkring also had some nice Rifman hash it wasnt the cheapest but there stuff at 9.50euro shat all over the greenhouses Jungli Isolator at 18euro a g!Hope you have a great time, Im well jealous wish I could afford to go!

• 2 months later...

COFFEE SHOP REPORT JULY 2011:

BlueBird -> Great spot just by the centre. Quite a dark and 'packed' place at peak hours, not very touristy and succulent ganja (And vapes ;) ) ... Tried Super Silver Haze there (1,1 g for 12,45 euros) ... DELICIOUS.

7/10

Rusland -> Cramped, dark, hostile workers and weed looked dodgey... had some white widow which was alright....still..... i expected more. 4/10

Basjoe -> Great AK47 / Chess tables (too many hipsters pretending to be pros though...) and good old school reggae and dub. 8/10

De Dampkring -> ...I fell in love with this place. Great marijuana and some astonishing hash ! Smoked some cheese, black widow, ... and azadarahbal hash...(think that's the name) ahhh and some sheeba !

Would stronhly recommend going to all of them except Rusland ... don't go near there !