Dam trip + Masstricht

johnnyneuro

A quick report. Overall the quality of the weed is up there with the best. Others may disagree, but Dam trips are a good way of trying what you’re thinking of growing. Well that’s my excuse anyway.

Central Coffeeshop: Never been here before, quite a nice place. A lot of passing trade (as you might expect), but not as touristy as I imagined beforehand. Deals are good value and sold by weight for a fixed price (E12.50 or E25.00). To get us started we bought 1.9g of SuperSkunk for E12.50. Good all-round smoke.

Had to head to Maastrict....

Kosbor (Maastricht): Have to show ID, but foreigners being banned from coffeeshops here is pure bollocks. Bought 1g of citral hash for E12. Super-fresh and excellent quality, although it went hard after a few days. Very hot smoke if you’ve forgotten what smoking hash is about (like me).

Back to the ‘Dam...

Kuil420: I like this coffeeshop, so I’m biased. E12.50 for 1g of Kush420 – this was the best smoke of the whole trip. Didn’t last long. Great smell and smoke, excellent stone without the wind whistling through your head - all this sativa hype is just fashion.

Another note here: We popped back in sometime later for a smoke and some guy had a major whitey hitting the ground like a sack of potatoes. The best thing for low blood pressure is to lie on the floor until you regain consciousness, but the bud tender wanted him out the shop immediately and was literally dragged outside. No compassion for those who overindulge. You have been warned.

Tweede Kamer: Always good. 1g of G13-Amensia Haze had a powerful citrus smell. Smoking it put you right out there. What was I saying about sativas....?

Green Place: Never been here before, but it ended up being our favourite place for hanging out. The staff here we more chilled than elsewhere. Maybe it’s the tourist season starting, but there was a kind of hard hearted attitude generally. In Hill Street on the Market, Barneys and Old Church the table staff were snippy, eye-rolling and off-hand. If stoned people piss you off, don’t work in a coffeeshop, right? Anyway, back at Green Place (which was cool) we bought 1g of Blueberry Cheese for E11, only because it actually did smell like blueberry. Smoked like the skunk pheno it is.

Barneys: Up-market boutique coffeeshop. 1g of Laughing Budda for E13. Bought because of the unusual spicey smell of this Thai x Hawaiian cross. Smoked ok. Good, but nothing special. Perhaps we’d been at it for too long by now.

Freedom: A final mention for this place as it was laughably terrible. There’s only “tea” and “coffee” to drink and improbable smokes (WTF is “sensimilla”). This is what happens when your business owns you, rather than the other way round. I was still pissing myself laughing 30 minutes after leaving, so that’s a bonus.

So there you go. Still good smokes to find if you look hard enough and can be arsed walking around. Sativas are still the “coolest” and most of the rest are skunk phenos, albeit well grown and cured. I will return.

• Like 1