Amsterdam Disappointment?

Mikedogg

Read a news article today saying that amsterdam are closing there coffeeshops for the public unless your are a dutch

citizen... Has this came into effect yet? Im going on the 11th of July and seriously hope they haven't!

Any info would be good. Cheers

MD

Read a news article today saying that amsterdam are closing there coffeeshops for the public unless your are a dutch

citizen... Has this came into effect yet? Im going on the 11th of July and seriously hope they haven't!

Any info would be good. Cheers

MD

i bloody hope not i'm off in 4 days, i hear it's only on the borders like weedmonsta said.

Another six months have gone by so the Amsterdam tourist board releases another closing coffee shops scare, is it just me or is it every six month that this is trotted out, if they do close guess I just have to head to Czech rep.

Another six months have gone by so the Amsterdam tourist board releases another closing coffee shops scare, is it just me or is it every six month that this is trotted out, if they do close guess I just have to head to Czech rep.

Ha ha nice one I'd probably do the same.

I remember there was this 'scare' in 2009 too , which helped me decide to go as I thought it was going to be the last time.

There is definitely too much money to lose if it ever goes ahead.

It reminds me about the smoking ban also , a lot of coffee shops really don't mind u skinning up with ciggies as long as you are discreet. The above is definitely a case of keeping people on opposite sides of the fence happy.

What do you reckon 420 ers?

toki

I'd highly recommend the Czech republic, I went there for the first time in January and loved it. There are no coffee shops as such but it is easy to score in the street, about 10 euros for a gram of reasonable bud. Prague is a beautiful city and you can smoke up in public and in some of the bars. I spent an evening in a 16 century wine cellar converted into a labyrinth of bars where it was totally free and easy to smoke.

• 1 month later...

Didn't realize they threaten this often. A sneaky way of getting extra tourists in fast maybe cos we think "quick lets go over there before they stop us foreigners"

I used to think dam pot was the bees knees before I grew my own. Tho I do like the social way they smoke. Sitting on a window seat and watchin the world go by as you're chillin on a smoke, mmmmm.

Amsterdam is like the arsehole of the netherlands , its beyond me why anybody would want to go there, full of whores, muggers, con artists and junkies, i love holland, but hate the dam. I can grow better shit in my bedroom than your likely to get over there.

• Like 1

full of whores, muggers, con artists and junkies

Like everywhere else then. lol

I dunno, the Dam isn't the same place it used to be, but I still quite enjoy it. I wouldn't bother going over there just for the weed though, you're likely to be disappointed at both the price and the quality.

• 1 month later...

Amsterdam is like the arsehole of the netherlands , its beyond me why anybody would want to go there, full of whores, muggers, con artists and junkies, i love holland, but hate the dam. I can grow better shit in my bedroom than your likely to get over there.

thats the impression i got too, i wont be going back, we went 9 years ago now and it was terrible, its only going to have got worse- class a dealers everywhere, we nearly got mugged in centraal square but got close enough to some police the scouser! legged it.. :headpain: